Winemaker?????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not the fact that the wine was cloudy or that the label wasnt great. It was the fact that this person on another forum boasts about his wines and how good he is!!!!! Its one thing to say you make decent win e, its another to say you make excellent wine and brag all over the forum and then sned something like that!

Its not the fact that the wine was cloudy or that the label wasnt great. It was the fact that this person on another forum boasts about his wines and how good he is!!!!! Its one thing to say you make decent win e, its another to say you make excellent wine and brag all over the forum and then sned something like that!

I take it you have encountered this "winemaker" in another forum :h

Julie,
Are you sure this person didn't send you the wine on purpose? I mean.... maybe you kicked his dog or something and it was a little tongue-in-cheek payback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie,
Are you sure this person didn't send you the wine on purpose? I mean.... maybe you kicked his dog or something and it was a little tongue-in-cheek payback.

OHHH Lon, you didn't realize Julie was an IRS Agent before saying that did you? LMAO Oh yeah then there's her Uncle Salvester from the ATF office.

Just to be mean. We all have thoses mean sides.

Back in the day, I lived in a suburb of NYC. Two doors down from me was another amateur winemaker. When he suggested that we "swap bottles", I thought about it for a while and ended up giving him a bottle of the worst wine I ever made, an oxidized bottle of brown wine that was loaded with mercaptans.

After sampling it, he smiled (knowing his was better) and very politely said "not bad".

The story gets much funnier. We were both going into a winemaking competition. Both he and I entered our best. I ended walking away with eight medals to his two. It clearly bothered him. I am sure that even today he is wondereing how "that swill" that I make was judged better.

Just to be mean. We all have thoses mean sides.

Back in the day, I lived in a suburb of NYC. Two doors down from me was another amateur winemaker. When he suggested that we "swap bottles", I thought about it for a while and ended up giving him a bottle of the worst wine I ever made, an oxidized bottle of brown wine that was loaded with mercaptans.

After sampling it, he smiled (knowing his was better) and very politely said "not bad".

The story gets much funnier. We were both going into a winemaking competition. Both he and I entered our best. I ended walking away with eight medals to his two. It clearly bothered him. I am sure that even today he is wondereing how "that swill" that I make was judged better.

I think that's called "sandbagging". Great story. Let's hope he's not now working hard to get his wines to taste like that one you gave him.

LMAO! Could be. I am sure he was wondering just what was up with the judges.

I would not have done this to anyone, but the guy borrowed my socket set and returned it with the 11mm socket missing. Quite simply, he had it comming.

Latest posts

Back