WineMaker Competition 2018

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasienic

Junior
Reaction score
I've analyzed performance of wine kits at WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition 2018, released last weekend.
Here is my summary:
Big winner, comparing to 2017 is RJS - 132 medals (130 last year)
Big loser: Vineco - 10 medals (58 in 2017), especially Vineco's brand Cellar Craft - 3 medals (30 in 2017)
Winexpert - 104 medals (146 last year)
Mosti Mondiale - 16 medals (17 last year)

Top brands:
1. RJS En Primeur Winery Series - 41 medals (33 last year)
2. RJS Cru Specialty - 19 medals (21 last year)
3. Winexpert Island Mist - 18 medals (12 last year)
4. RJS Cru Select - 17 medals (18)
4. Winexpert Speciale - 17 (15)
6. RJS RQ - 16 (14)
7. Winexpert LE- 14 (34)
8. Winexpert Eclipse - 13 (20)
9, Winexpert World Vineyard - 12 (2)
10. RJS Orchard Breezin' - 10 (7)
10. RJS Hightail - 10 (0)

Winexpert is now a Vineco Brand, they seem to push them more then the Cellar Craft.

Winexpert is now a Vineco Brand, they seem to push them more then the Cellar Craft.
To my knowledge, Winexpert and Vineco are two entities (companies), but the same owner - Andrew Peller Limited. Cellar Craft is one of the brands of Vineco. Actually two brands: CC Showcase (Premium) and CC Sterling (Value)

Last edited:
I won a Silver with the Winexpert Eclipse Gerwurztraminer. I have no special talent - it was only my third kit ever and I religiously followed instructions. It seems that kit in that category accounts for several medals alone for Winexpert the last three years, and not nearly as many folks entered that Varietal Category as say Merlot or Cab Sauv. I really don't know if the medal breakdown means anything, and if it does, what that is.

Latest posts

Back