Winemaker BOT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4score

Reaction score
I'm working on a little experiment using AI and winemaking. I'm trying to train an AI model on winemaking. It's certainly a long way from perfect, but an interesting concept. I've seeded the model with some popular information and it uses it's AI language model to converse with you. If we can find some particularly weak areas, we can hopefully identify some additional documentation to feed it for learning. Just a fun tool to play with.

Click the link below to try it.

https://getcody.ai/widget/9920cd9b-2676-4e00-8e76-ad4b7fc99294

Last edited:
Cool.
I've been using computers since the 70's and have enjoyed watching/using their evolution over time. I think you have an interesting and fun project.

Personal reflection, will we some day defer learning and instead ask our AI friend for the answer?

And then of course there's Skynet.😄

I think we will evolve to learn “with” AI. It’s a tool to improve efficiency. Certainly, in this example, it’s just limited to a bounded solution set of information we’ve fed it.

Well.... It's a better learning tool than Youtube!

How do I do Sur Lie aging?

Sur lie aging is a process used in winemaking where the wine is left to age on the lees, or the dead yeast cells and other sediment, after fermentation. This process can add complexity and richness to the wine's flavor and texture. Here are the basic steps to do sur lie aging:
  1. After fermentation, transfer the wine to a vessel that will allow contact with the lees. This can be a barrel, tank, or bottle.
  2. Leave the wine to age on the lees for a period of time, typically several months to a year or more, depending on the desired flavor profile.
  3. During this time, the lees will break down and release compounds that can contribute to the wine's flavor and texture. To enhance this process, the wine may be stirred periodically, a process known as batonnage.
  4. After the desired aging period, the wine is typically racked off the lees and aged further in clean vessels before bottling.
It's important to note that sur lie aging can be a complex process that requires careful monitoring to avoid off flavors or spoilage. It's recommended to consult with a professional winemaker or do extensive research before attempting sur lie aging on your own.

Should I do Battonage with Sur Lie?

Yes, batonnage is typically done during sur lie aging. Batonnage is the process of stirring the wine while it is in contact with the lees (dead yeast cells and other sediment) to enhance the extraction of flavor, aroma, and texture compounds from the lees. By stirring the wine, the lees are kept in suspension and the wine is exposed to more of the compounds that the lees release during aging. This can result in a wine with a richer, creamier texture and more complex flavor profile. However, it's important to note that batonnage should be done carefully and with moderation, as over-stirring can lead to off flavors or spoilage.

Try not to have too much fun folks! 😄

I certainly have a love-hate relationship with technology.
Benefits of AI can't be ignored or denied. But then....every single call center in the world could be replaced. Teachers? Students could have individual tutoring. Oh, let's keep going - accountants, tax preparers, writers, web designers, interpreters, maybe even doctors and lawyers. Not too many jobs are immune. We may all become Captain Dunsel. (How obscure is that reference?)

Benefits of AI can't be ignored or denied. But then....every single call center in the world could be replaced. Teachers? Students could have individual tutoring. Oh, let's keep going - accountants, tax preparers, writers, web designers, interpreters, maybe even doctors and lawyers. Not too many jobs are immune. We may all become Captain Dunsel. (How obscure is that reference?)
IIRC that didn't turn out so well for the Admiral in charge of the test.

I'm working on a little experiment using AI and winemaking. I'm trying to train an AI model on winemaking. It's certainly a long way from perfect, but an interesting concept. I've seeded the model with some popular information and it uses it's AI language model to converse with you. If we can find some particularly weak areas, we can hopefully identify some additional documentation to feed it for learning. Just a fun tool to play with.

Click the link below to try it.

https://getcody.ai/widget/9920cd9b-2676-4e00-8e76-ad4b7fc99294
Feed it the Morewine Manuals!

Exactly my thoughts. Would you rather hire 3 new hires with a BA in accounting or a high school kid that is a wiz at AI?

I heard startup companies are now/will be organizations of 50 vs 150 and a whole lot more of them.

Back