WineXpert WineExpert to Discontinue SE w/skins??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they upgrade the more popular SE kits into the Eclipse lineup.

I had already found myself moving more to RJS and CC prefer their Amarone to the SE Amarone. If they are adding an Amarone to the Eclipse line I will give it a try.

What online retailer has the best prices for CC and RJS wine kits?

Hmmm. I always kicked myself for not buying multiple Bravado kits, but I'm wondering if I should pick up a couple Malbec w/skins before they go. Of course I'm waiting for this summer's limited edition announcement.

Winemaker's Toy Store and Dallas Home Brew seems the have the widest selection and decent pricing on both brands.

When I looked lit actually seems like they are out of stock on almost all of the top tier kits and more expensive than Southern Homebrew.

Hmmm. I always kicked myself for not buying multiple Bravado kits, but I'm wondering if I should pick up a couple Malbec w/skins before they go. Of course I'm waiting for this summer's limited edition announcement.

My Malbec is a little over 2 years old and is finally getting good. I think I oaked it too much to drink it earlier. I'm not a big fan of the LE's, so buying multiple Malbecs is a no-brainer.

I like the short run Eclipse kits (like the Bravado and Forza), though.

Just got an email the the SE w/skins kits are being discontinued. Amarone is already gone.

They’re not discounting enough for me to snatch a Brunello just yet. Waiting....
Several of my friends who have made the Selection Amarone have returned it to the u hints where it was made. They have converted this resultant too sweet wine into grappė, with good results. The kits were 2016. Interesting that wk pulled the SE Amarone 2 months ago. Btw, our local u vint stores have replaced it with CellarCraft showcase.

That was the problem. The wine was made by the uvint store. Final sg was 1.002. I think they didn' wait long enough on primary.

That was the problem. The wine was made by the uvint store. Final sg was 1.002. I think they didn' wait long enough on primary.
0.990-1.002 is considered final gravity range, my kit which was a Grenache/Syrah hit 1.001 and then stopped completely and i rolled with it, no sweetness at all and it has a good bit of alcohol i think i hit 16%

Latest posts

Back