WineXpert WineExpert Riesling kit suggestion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from Pittsburgh too! Actually Bridgeville. We buy our kits at A & M Wine Supplies in Washington, PA. They have everything for making wine from novice to expert. They also give very good advice.

Rick

I'm from Pittsburgh too! Actually Bridgeville. We buy our kits at A & M Wine Supplies in Washington, PA. They have everything for making wine from novice to expert. They also give very good advice.

Rick

Rick,

If you're from Bridgeville, South Hills Brewing in Greentree isn't to far from you either. They are actually a sister store to County Wines on Babcock Blvd mentioned previously.

Dave, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with that wine. If your not I will personally come down and pick up the remainder of it. LOL

Oh Dan, I think I can beat you there. Dave is probably only about 15 minutes from me.

Hi Dave, we are very close neighbors. If you like Riesling this is going to work for you. As others said Reisling normally ranges only in $10's to $15's. Actually, I love Riesling and I make it from a concentrate and I think what I make at home is better than any Riesling I can buy at the state store. Once you are done with the Riesling you should look into a Pinot Grigio.

Julie

Good to hear from all you fellow yinzers. Julie, I am curious where you do your supply shopping. I heard there is a place near Kittanning (in Elderton). Every heard/shopped there? I have been to Country Wines on Babcock for my supplies (and bought my equipment kit in the Strip). I have yet to check out the shop in Portersville. Is Country Wines my best bet?

Good to hear from all you fellow yinzers. Julie, I am curious where you do your supply shopping. I heard there is a place near Kittanning (in Elderton). Every heard/shopped there? I have been to Country Wines on Babcock for my supplies (and bought my equipment kit in the Strip). I have yet to check out the shop in Portersville. Is Country Wines my best bet?

LOL, a true Pittsburgher. If I am just replemishing chemicals or buying corks I usually go to Butler to 3B's Tobacco. They sell wine/beer supplies and kits as well. I don't normally buy kits. I usually have a handful of people giving me fruit. But I did buy some concentrates that make 5 gallon batches from a company online. They are very inexpensive roughly around $26 plus shipping which was around $15 for two concentrates. I have bought and liked their reisling, gewurtz and blackberry. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, if you are interested in this. WISR is doing a Wine Festival at the Day's Innn on Rt. 8 on the 23rd of January. I talked to a couple of people who went last year and they had a good time. Go to www.wisr680.com for details on getting tickets.

Julie

I've heard of S.Hills, but never been there. I work near Washington so A&M works well for me. My brother just bottled the WE's Washington Valley Reisling. It is very good for a young wine it should improve with a little aging as recommended.

Latest posts

Back