wine yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat777

Junior
Reaction score
Which is the better yeast to use with fruit wine KI-V1116 or EC-1118?
Kathy

I would go with the 1116 as fruit wines tend not to have the nutrients that grapes do.

It depends on which fruit. For example, RC-212 " is quite suitable for use with non-grape black and red fruit (plums, prickly pear cactus fruit, pomergrantes) and berries (blackberries, raspberries, dewberries, mulberries)."

ICV-D47 "is ideal for persimmon, peach, nectarine, paw-paw, and mango."

EC-1118 "is highly recomended for both premium white and red varietals, mead and cider production, and many fruit, berry, vegetable, and herb wines.

K1-V1116 "tends to express freshness of the grape or fruit variety, especially in Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon and Chenin Blanc, but also in fruit such as peaches, nectarines, kiwis, and strawberries."

The quotes are from Jack Keller's page on wine yeasts. http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/strains.asp

BTW, when I have a question like yours I Google "jack keller xxxx".

Steve

Last edited:
It depends on which fruit. For example, RC-212 " is quite suitable for use with non-grape black and red fruit (plums, prickly pear cactus fruit, pomergrantes) and berries (blackberries, raspberries, dewberries, mulberries)."

EC-1118 "is highly recomended for both premium white and red varietals, mead and cider production, and many fruit, berry, vegetable, and herb wines.

K1-V1116 "tends to express freshness of the grape or fruit variety, especially in Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon and Chenin Blanc, but also in fruit such as peaches, nectarines, kiwis, and strawberries."

The quotes are from Jack Keller's page on wine yeasts. http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/strains.asp

BTW, when I have a question like yours I Google "jack keller xxxx".

Steve

Steve

Thanks Very Much. You people are all so very very helpful!;)

Steve

ummm what yeast should i use for apple & honey wine? is Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast a good idea? or EC-1118 will be better? :)

Latest posts

Back