Wine yeast alcohol tolerance

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAC4504

Reaction score
This may have been addressed already, and if so I apologize, but a'm I the only one that gets the idea that venders really have no idea how much alcohol a wine yeast will make. It is getting ridicules to try to find a yeast to restart a stuck fermentation when 1 vender says it will make 18% and the next says 12-14%. Do the manufactures of the yeast not know what their product will do, and if they do why don't the venders just print what the manufactures say? I think from now on I will just use 1118, 'cause that is about the only one I've seen so far that is consistent in everyones inventory. Is there any answer to this? or am I just wasting my time asking? :ft

I believe maybe in beginner forumn or some place there is a sticky that shows the most common yeast use alchol tolerance and such for red star, lavin and maybe white labs hopefully a moderator with there vast knowledge will chime in to tell where it's located good for a quick reference when shopping for yeast

The thread is in the tutorials, calculators,wine logs and yeast charts

It's called yeast selection good to print this one out and put in wine room or recipe books or in car to have when shopping, just a handy list good luck have fun

Latest posts

Back