Wine work bench

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you can blow dawgs mind. And tell him that after 1x6/2x6 they skimp an extra 1/4” material.
2x8 actual is 1-1/2” x 7-1/4”
1x12 actual is 3/4”x 11-1/4”
when i was 15 i built a home with a helper that i had to teach to read a tape, from digging the foundation, plumbing, electric, , down here in the south one person learned to do it all, by 15 i could walk onto a empty lot and when i walked off the people could hang curtains, i started at 6 y/o picking up brick bats and shingle tabs,
Dawg

oop's i signed off then it dawned on me, that drinking skeeter pee i misspoke a 1x12 is 3/4 x 11&1/4,, could not have slept , hehe, yawl need to be easy with these knowledge fits after all when it comes to knowledge i am a unarmed target,,🤪 2x's loose .5 inch and 1x's loose 1/4h but bigger they loose more,, the i hope your happy ruining my sleep,,:bt
Dawg

Last edited:
I know you know more about this than I do, but you are being a little generous, Dawg. Dimensional lumber is 1/2" off of nominal only up to x6 size. After that, it is 3/4" off, so x8's are 7-1/4, and x10's are 9-1/4, and x12's are 11-1/4. (I don't know above that.) So, in particular, the case you cite would be a 1x12 is actually 3/4 x 11-1/4.
yep just clarified that, shit, went the wrong way again, i give up

Nice idea. I like the DIY vacuum racking setup too.
Thanks. I started with a vacuum pump for degassing. Added a bottle filler. Then I met DangerDave on the Appalachian Trail and he told me about All In One Wine Pump. The various bungs I bought from them.

Back