Wine tasting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go through the "ritual" with almost every bottle of wine, but I'm not (I don't think) ridiculous about it.
But a funny thing happened when I surprised my wife with a 20th wedding anniversary trip to Sonoma, California. We spent several days at a bed and breakfast and visited 6 or 8 wineries every day. At one vineyard someone was explaining the tasting "ritual" to people and he was telling them to get their nose right into the glass - and my wife got a funny look on her face and said, "Really? You're really supposed to do that?".
Apparently for 20 plus years she was somewhat embarrassed when I did this. She had no idea it was "proper", and she never said anything to me about it! The joke was on her.

When my wife and I first started going out, I brought a bottle of wine for a dinner her mom was making. Me, wanting to impress, poured the wine and then started to observe the clarity and cling. Her mom blurted out, "OMG - He's checking to see if my glasses are clean!"
...minus five points right there.

Sideways Wine tasting - LOL But I'm the other guy. So - when do we drink it?

I’ll get an eye roll often. Especially when we’re out with friends and she’s knows I’m in my element.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

But, now I'm thinking I really need to be "that guy" in order to effectively troll my significant other whilst enjoying myself.

Latest posts

Back