Wine Table

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphio

Reaction score
I plan to make my own wine table starting with kitchen cabinets.
I'll have the wine cube storage on the left and then a couple of drawers and a door for storage. This will give me a nice large, flat surface to work on when making and bottling.

I'm thinking about 2.5 feet deep by maybe 8 feet long.
I want to make it small enough to get out of the basement in case I ever have to move.

Anyone have an experience in doing this yourself?

It's designed, just have to pick up the materials.
I'm going to use THIS for bottle storage, pick up a similarly sized kitchen cabinet with a drawer and doors, attach the two and then top the whole thing with a composite countertop.
It's pretty modular, easy to move and should be exactly what I'm looking for.
I've priced it out to about $400. Should be easy to put together - just a couple of angle brackets to hold the counter top on.

euphio, I just purchased and put together the diamond cube storage bin. I bought five racks. I started this one first. One of the boards was warped a bit, but I wanted to get it together, so I used it anyway. It was fine until I started having to attach the bottom piece that goes across. Wine Racks America offered several times to replace it, but I was so far along in my building, that I did not wish to do so. If this happens to you, I would not start putting it together until you get any warped wood replaced. I am extremely happy now that everything is put together, but it was quite the challenge. I am a female, and this is not something I do every day! This bin was the easiest to put together of all the wine racks I purchased. I did not stain the racks, either. I assembled all of these with some help from my daughter. It was overwhelming to me to think that I had to stain each piece before I assembled the racks. It was way too time consuming for me to do. I can't say I regret it, but if I had the time, I would have stained it. If you are just purchasing the storage bin, it would be much quicker and easier to stain than all of the other racks. I did have my father assist me at the end attaching the racks to the wall. I have attached a photo for you to see.

wine racks.jpg

Looks very nice.

euphio: Look around on craigslist - there are a ton of kitchen cabinets being sold from kitchens that have been renovated (at least in my area there are). Some very good deals can be found on decent cabinets.

Thanks for the advice kz! I'll make sure to look for warped boards before I put it together.
Your cellar looks great!

Kim, I am so jealous of your racks! Euphio, the wine rack you are purchasing I assume is not going under your counter since it's only 10" deep. I like your plan and it should be nice and sturdy.

I bought a 6 foot kitchen cabinet and made a wine working area out of it. The center drawer were the sink would go is just a blank no drawer. I built a drawer for the space and use it to store all the long equipment. I bought an 8 ft countertop to put on top.

Kim, I am so jealous of your racks! Euphio, the wine rack you are purchasing I assume is not going under your counter since it's only 10" deep. I like your plan and it should be nice and sturdy.

Actually I will be putting it under the counter. I'll have to work on a brace to go behind it.

I have seen that setup in the catalog and drooled over it for some time. Looks beautiful even natural. Very jealous!

Finally got the table done.

267281_10152119511905062_1388361804_n.jpg

Great job, euphio! Someday I'll make my area look 'finished' ...

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I plan to bottle the carboy you see in the photo soon and start my 2nd batch sometime very soon.

Latest posts

Back