Wine shop

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Prince

Reaction score
I'm thinking about building a cabin. 30X40. I will build a wine room 10X30 and divide that room up. One side for fermenting the other side cold storage.
What should the inside walls be made of? What would you include? Special insulation? Type of AC? Type of insulated door? Sinks? Floor covering? New technology? Any other thoughts? Assume money isn't a huge factor ( it is though).

Lots of insulation for sure. Walls (even if if inside), floor if on pier and beam, 12" attic blanket in the ceiling. Dedicated AC unit for the Cellar. Deep sink (mop) so you can wash a carboy or fill it with loads of bottles. HEAVILY supported work area for carboys. 32" HDTV, ......... :)

What kind of floor? If you're going with a concrete slab put in a couple good drains for draining tanks and washing down the floors if you get to that point some day.

Plywood floor with concrete board then tile. I also thought about a rubber mat 10X30? I could have a drain with either. Where can I get an insulated door. I plan on 6" walls. I'm not sure what kind of inside siding yet.

After insulating the walls I'd go with 3/4" plywood (if looks aren't that important) for the walls. That way you can attach just about anything and anywhere you want. No need to worry about finding studs or using anchors. Maybe some lines for compressed air, vacuum hoses.
Floors you can spray down with drains would be great.

Any good lumber yard should be able to get you an insulated door. Even Lowes, Home Depot, Menards ect...

I'm thinking about building a cabin. 30X40. I will build a wine room 10X30 and divide that room up. One side for fermenting the other side cold storage.
What should the inside walls be made of? What would you include? Special insulation? Type of AC? Type of insulated door? Sinks? Floor covering? New technology? Any other thoughts? Assume money isn't a huge factor ( it is though).

I am getting my basement done for my cellar. They are going to put vapor barrier insulation (green sheet?) around the entire structure before putting finishing wall and the door is going to be like the front weather proof door, complete with weather stripping and almost airtight, Ceramic tiles too.

Latest posts

Back