Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyCajun

Reaction score
Anyone of you have built a wine rack? I'm looking at building one, that would hold around 100 bottles...but don't know what kind i want. Cheap is good but must look decent (i'm not looking at spending a lot)! Any ideas would be welcome, pictures would be better!
:b

Last edited:
that rack inside the wooden cabinet is cool looking. did you just build racks into an old cabinet you weren't using anymore? I see you have built two styles of racks, this next year my wife and i are going to turn half our basement into our wine cellar. do you find that one of the styles of racks works better or is more convenient?

Last edited:
@ Runningwolf, thanx, i think i was looking at that site last night...some cool ideas in there..

Here's a pic of mine...it holds about 140btls if you doubble stack them...It's store bought but could be easily reproduced.

IMG00116-20100923-1709.jpg

I can e-mail you the mesurments and more pics if you want

I also like the one in the cabinet...I might copy that one too!!

Jeff

Last edited:
any one have any experience with the diamond style racks? and recommendations about wood? i was looking at using cedar.

The rack is made from an old entertainment center which keeps the light out. It has capacity for more bottles but I use the extra space for beer cases etc.

It needs to be FILLED...which will happen shortly

Excuse me. It wasn't an entertainment center it was on old entertainment/college desk.

That is my strawberry in there which is down to 6 bottles. OH NO. There are other wines but the strawberry was a year in the making. HELP

Do you have plans for the rack you built in the entertainment center? Or, at least some basic dimensions?

Last edited:
That is my strawberry in there which is down to 6 bottles. OH NO. There are other wines but the strawberry was a year in the making. HELP

No I have no plans. This is one of those things you need to do by ear if you are building in an existing cabinet. Layout your work first. It make take a little trial and era to get the layout right. Most of the racks shown accomadate 750 ml bottles. Some of the racks in my cabinet accomadete the smaller 375 ML bottles just to get things to fit.

I have seen/ plan on doing mine with PVC pipe. I know it sounds cheasy, but I saw someone do it and go get the plastic spray paint to prime it and then used the hammered bronze spray paint to finish and it was slick.

Latest posts

Back