Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally decided to buy one...72 bottles on Sale for 80$ at my local Hardware store!

Cool, lets see some pics when its done please! Sometimes its just easier.

I would like to see some pics of the finished product myself. Sounds like a good deal for that amount of bottles...and from alocal hardware store?

Here's a pic of mine...it holds about 140btls if you doubble stack them...It's store bought but could be easily reproduced.

IMG00116-20100923-1709.jpg

I can e-mail you the mesurments and more pics if you want

I also like the one in the cabinet...I might copy that one too!!

Jeff

I would like the mesurments please

I build racks that I call "Skid-Row Wine Racks". They're made out of pallets, which happen to be the perfect size for wine bottles. They aren't beautiful furniture, but they're cheap and durable. Winemaker magazine published this design in Feb-March; so if you have that back copy, you can see pictures and a description there. It's made with salvaged pallets, just cut them to the proper depth, stack, and secure with a few nails. These racks are pretty efficient too, you'll get lots of bottles into a small area. The down side is that this size skid doesn't take 1.5ml bottles; I use the skids with tall runners for those.
palletwineracks.jpg

Last edited:
Crazycajun,
I just scored the baby version of you're rack (30 bottles) for 10$ on kijiji!! :db:db

If anyone wants a bunh of those pallets we have tons of them at my work that we beg people to take!!!!!

If anyone wants a bunh of those pallets we have tons of them at my work that we beg people to take!!!!!

How far are you from Halifax Nova-Scotia? Would you deliver for a meal and a bottle of wine? :)

I build racks that I call "Skid-Row Wine Racks". They're made out of pallets, which happen to be the perfect size for wine bottles. They aren't beautiful furniture, but they're cheap and durable. Winemaker magazine published this design in Feb-March; so if you have that back copy, you can see pictures and a description there. It's made with salvaged pallets, just cut them to the proper depth, stack, and secure with a few nails. These racks are pretty efficient too, you'll get lots of bottles into a small area. The down side is that this size skid doesn't take 1.5ml bottles; I use the skids with tall runners for those.
palletwineracks.jpg

Brilliant! At first glance I thought you were the worlds worst carpenter but I'm glad I stopped to read the post. I'm seriously considering setting this up now. I really don't have the time to build a wine rack and there are some pallets at work right now that need a good home.

I wanna say a big thanks to Minnisotamaker for posting his pics of a "skid row" wine rack, I was about to spend some big money, but now I can spend on more wine kits/grapes and cool equipment. My brother in law came by with 3 nice pallets and I was bored, and remembered MM's post, so I just wanted to show my version of skid row, still in progress by the way..... I think they have a lot of character.....show your pics of your skid row sounds like another cool new thread, for all the newbies that wont know what to do with the stacks of wine bottles, kinda like myself.....Problem solved!:mny:br

Skid Row AS.jpg

Skid Row AS2.jpg

Thank you for this idea!!! I got access to plenty of pallets, now I just need to find a place to put up a rack!

Matt

I wanna say a big thanks to Minnisotamaker for posting his pics of a "skid row" wine rack, I was about to spend some big money, but now I can spend on more wine kits/grapes and cool equipment. My brother in law came by with 3 nice pallets and I was bored, and remembered MM's post, so I just wanted to show my version of skid row, still in progress by the way..... I think they have a lot of character.....show your pics of your skid row sounds like another cool new thread, for all the newbies that wont know what to do with the stacks of wine bottles, kinda like myself.....Problem solved!:mny:br

One of the nice features of my Skid Row Wine Rack design is that you can just keep on adding levels to the top as your wine collection grows. Just make sure to secure it to the wall once it gets to chest level or higher (or sooner if you have any little climbers in your home). Glad it's working out for you.

20111112132935452.jpg

Done

20111112141209179.jpg

Test

20111120163601917.jpg

Works Great, perfect height for racking! Holds 60 bottles. Now I need another....

20111112133020232.jpg

Started to make another, but it turned into a bench for my little boys...

Here are pics of some boxes I made. Each hold 40 bottles.
winerack.jpg

winecellar.jpg

Latest posts

Back