Wine rack photos/dimensions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If looks isn't important, put a plywood blade on your tablesaw and buy 1 sheet of 1" plywood and rip into 1" x 2"- 8 foot lengths. Plywood @ $48 per sheet gets you 23-24 perfectly str8 lengths. $2.00 per is cheap with no knots and way stronger than ordinary wood. Doesn't crack either when you drive a screw into it. Hey, if you're set up to rip 1, you may as well rip 24. If not, uncork a couple and get ripped (only if you don't plan on playing with your tablesaw).

Wine rack installed today

The attached are photos of a 54 bottle rack I installed today in a corner of my utility room which stays 55 to 60 degrees during the winter. Summer may be an issue, we'll see.

I used a bench mounted drill press with a 3-1/2 inch hole saw for the rear horizontals and a 1-1/14 inch hole saw for the front horizontals. All were set at 3-1/2 inches on center horizontally. The 3.5 inch on the rears were set at a depth of 1/2 inch and the fronts were set at a depth of 1/4 inch from the tops. Once the jigs were set up it was pretty simple and straight foward. Only problem was alot of hand sanding. Bought stain but decided no to finish at this time.

The spacing of the horizonals are 5.5 inches with the exception of the bottm. The bottom I used 1 x 3 versus the 1 x 2 used on the remaining rack to keep the bottles off the floor.

Overall deminsions are 35 inches tall (not counting the shelf) by 34 inches wide by 7-1/2 inches deep.

I made provisions for a shelf top for the next couple secondary fermenters...may have to beef up the supports a little.

May have to consider another optional location once invrntory increases.

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1186.jpg

DSCF1187.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

Problem is I don't know where I'm going to put them. I'm a beer drinker and my wife likes wine. At the rate were going i will carboys stacked up before bottling.

That is one of the nicest looking racks that I've seen in a long time...but no, seriously all joking asside. It is a really nice rack.

Latest posts

Back