Wine on Tap

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to find some 5 litre bags....appreciate any advice on where I can find them. I am in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Fermtech is right in Kitchener, but they only seem to have their 8 litre bags. I started using my own system years ago, but designed my system to accommodate the smaller bags. Thanks,
Talk to an RJ Spagnols retailer and ask for Wine Waiter Bags (should still be item #23894). Might only be 4 litre.

ABC Cork is another distributor that carried these bags but I don't have the details.

Good luck finding a co-operative RJS dealer, my local one in Welland wouldn't order a kit for me.

Steve

I must say that it seems ridiculous to me that, while RJS still has the big warehouse in Kitchener (which is about a 3 minute drive for me) I buy my kits from a store in Hanmer (15 minutes north of Sudbury) because they are so good to deal with. To be fair, though, I have recently had some dealings with a place in Waterloo (Mr Beer & Wine U Brew)....these guys seem pretty easy to deal with also.

Well I don't think that it is RJS' fault. Just some retailers who don't want business from home wine makers. In my case, that may mean that I buy even more Vineco kits (their warehouse store is about 20 minutes away in St Catharines). There is a Winexpert dealer near here who seems OK to deal with. We'll see for sure when the Limited Editions I ordered arrive in January.

At the moment I have 5 kits on the go - 4 from Vineco and 1 from RJS.

BTW, I'm surprised RJS has a warehouse in Kitchener. They also have one in Mississauga.

Steve

I didn't mean to suggest it was an RJS problem....but I run my own small business and I don't understand why these retailers wouldn't try their best to accommodate all of their customers.

The Kitchener warehouse dates back to RJ Grape, which was a Kitchener based company until they were bought out by Spagnalls about six years ago, which then took the name RJ Spagnalls. Andrew

I didn't mean to suggest it was an RJS problem....but I run my own small business and I don't understand why these retailers wouldn't try their best to accommodate all of their customers.

Agree whole heartedly. I don't see why anybody turns down business. In my case adding a couple of kits to their next order seems pretty simple. And as a former RJS retailer, let me say that it is damn simple.

Steve

ABC cork has wine dispenser bag in box units listed in 5 and 20 litre sizes.
I Don't know if i'd trust it to keep 20 litres of wine though.

http://www.abccork.com/CAStore/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=23

I've got an account with them, but winemaking supplies is a very small part of my business, and I only order from them 2-3 times a year. Special orders are pretty difficult for us. If we dont make a minimum, then the freight is a killer.

Back