Wine no aging Required???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plato

Reaction score
Ok this hobby is gettng the best of me. Im making a 5 gallon batches at a time. Most of my batches are Bulk aging and Im itching to tear into them. I have made some Skeeter Pee and Dragon Blood, but Im curious as to what other wines are ready to rock with out long term aging. Black berry was good too right at bottling... Im open to suggestions.

By the way my wines currently aging are
Apple
Ginger
Strawberry
Peach

Currently in progress.
5 gallons of Dragon Blood ....one week after Super Kleer
5 gallons of Dragon Blood just pitched Yeast
1 gallon of skeeter Pee out of the left over mats from the Dragon Blood
1 gallon of Spiced Cyser.... I know "One Gallon" haha Testing before I make a ton

Didn't make it past a week after bottling
Black Berry......Family destroyed it :gb

That first batch of DB will be ready to drink in a couple weeks. I haven't made one yet myself, but I understand the white wine kits are drinkable early on.

Yes, DB is ready to drink immediately after bottling (or before :)). I just opened a bottle I had let sit for 1 month and it was noticeably different(in a good way).

the DB seems to be good about 1 month after first racking, at least the 2 batches I made have been like that. the apple pie i made was good at time of bottling, grape juice seemed ready to drink pretty quick as well, ive heard the Island Mist kits are ready pretty quick as well

I guess the long and the short of it is that you can drink any wine after it is done fermenting. Most wines improve over time and benefit from aging. When I was in the Army overseas, we drank it as soon as the bubbles stopped, somethimes before.

Thanks for the suggestions. Ill try the Concord Grape Loner. I found in my local super market a gallon of Tart unsweetened, Preservative free Cherry Juice. I may go that route next...... Any of you ever made Cherry?

When I was in the Army overseas, we drank it as soon as the bubbles stopped, somethimes before.

Heheh, you poor Yanks and your dry messes overseas... Two beers a day, no less than 8 hours before duty, woot! :b

Sparkling Peach White Wine, Great Recipe Heres the one i drink i backsweeten it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never post any brew recipes but this is my favorite out of the many gallons of wine I have made and recipes I have come up with. This wine is dry but doesn't seem dry because the smell and body are so nice. I would compare this to a champagne, the peach flavor is light yet comes through very well because of the wonderful boquet.

I love Apfelwein and always have 5 gallons on tap but now it is going slow. The peach wine is just as dry but has no sourness like an Apfelwein. Plus this really doesn't have to age, it tastes great young.

Don't drink a few pint glasses of this, it is probably well over 10%!

White Grape Peach 5 gallons
5 gallons of White Grape Peach Juice (I prefer wal-mart brand)
3 cans White Grape Peach juice frozen concentrate (thawed)
2 cans Niagare White Grape frozen concentrate (thawed)
D47 yeast

Easy directions: Mix the above, put in carboy, wait 2 months or until clear which usually takes 4-5 weeks, bottle, enjoy!

Optional: Pectic Enzyme, Yeast Nutrient

Starting Gravity: really high
Finishing Gravity: Low

All of this goes in a 5 gal carboy, make sure to shake everything well to oxygenate and mix the concentrate in. Then add the pectic enzyme per diretions and let it work if you have some, this just helps it clear but you probably don't need it. Then I pitch the yeast. I usually make a starter. After a day or two I add some nutrient which you also really don't need. I use foil for an airlock for a week then switch to a real one. This helps the wine take up O2 during the respiration phase, once again, not necessary.

Now just wait a month or so until it clears and if you can stand it age it for a couple of months. No need to rack!

Carb it up with 5-6 oz of corn sugar or keg it, it will go fast!

Im curious about the carbination part. if I were going to make any wine sparkling, would I need to use a certain type of bottle? How do you keep the lees at a min this way? do you have any certain amount of time before the lees will build up?

Im curious about the carbination part. if I were going to make any wine sparkling, would I need to use a certain type of bottle? How do you keep the lees at a min this way? do you have any certain amount of time before the lees will build up?

It is best to use thicker champagne style bottles and wire bales to keep the corks in on carbonated wines. Lees do accumulate in bottle. You can either riddle process them (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkling_wine_production) or just let the lees settle to the bottom and just don't drink the last inch of wine.

Latest posts

Back