wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey Xing

Junior
Reaction score
I am a deep lover of brewed beer, I used to go out with friends to drink brewed beer, but they are all expensive, and it is hard to find the taste that they like to drink. Six months ago, I joined our local brewery group, I learned how to brew beer at home.
The process is very smooth. Under the guidance of others, I have successfully brewed four or five times. But then I had a problem, and the hop residue often blocked my equipment, Sometimes it goes into my beer, cleaning is very troublesome. Is there any good way to do it?

I am a deep lover of brewed beer, I used to go out with friends to drink brewed beer, but they are all expensive, and it is hard to find the taste that they like to drink. Six months ago, I joined our local brewery group, I learned how to brew beer at home.
The process is very smooth. Under the guidance of others, I have successfully brewed four or five times. But then I had a problem, and the hop residue often blocked my equipment, Sometimes it goes into my beer, cleaning is very troublesome. Is there any good way to do it?

Did you use a hop ball or a mesh bag? Either should hold the floaters. Otherwise, careful racking is required.

I have encountered this problem when I first brewed it. But I don't think the problem is very big.
I have looked for solutions from the Internet, I saw their hop spider from the website of zhehan,
Its a filter basket for hop residue, It can perfectly solve the clogging problem of hops residue for equipment.
But there will be another problem, That is, after hop spider, hops can not completely dissolve. So if you have to use this, you need to find a hop spider that fits your device. This is very important. In addition, when using hop spider, you should stir up hops in it, this will also be the best solution for hops.
I hope my answer can help you.

A spider is a good solution but a simpler solution is to simply some muslin cloth (the kind of material you might use in cheese making) to make a very loose bag in which you place your hops. The idea being that this bag needs to allow the wort maximum contact. What you might also do is add some kind of weight to the bag to ensure that it remains submerged in the liquid. If you tie the bag with string you can fix the other end of the string to the handle of your brew kettle and so just before you transfer the wort to your fermenter you simply pull up each bag to remove the hops.

So why is the title of your thread "Wine Making" and yet there is NOTHING in it about wine making?

Wrong Title and WRONG FORUM.

Back