Wine making heaven

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I live in wine making heaven, and till today I never realized how lucky I am. In Washington the following are always free
Blackberries, Apples, Plums, Elderberries and Huckleberries
I get free Cherries and Strawberries because I know the farmers.
I get Blueberries and raspberries and a LOW price, because I u-pick and know the farmers.
I get Syrah and Riesling cheap because I u-pick(ya, I know the farmers)
Now I was driving though the raspberries fields out in the valley today and realized most don't have it this good. If I wanted to make Peach and apricot the same man who grows the cherries also grows them.
So If you real want to live in a great place with great wine resources, move to Washington

If I wanted to make Peach and apricot the same man who grows the cherries also grows them.
So If you real want to live in a great place with great wine resources, move to Washington

Mike, I just bottled some Peach/apricot Chardonnay that was awesome. You are very fortunate to have the resources.

CA may be the veggie capital but WA is definitely the fruit capitol. The columbia valley is one amazing place to grow fruit for sure.

In the late Spring - early Summer time I don't care what it cost me (and usually its a lot) but I will pay what ever it cost for my Rainer cherry fix.

After you have had Rainer cherries Bing cherries just won't cut it ever again!

Last edited:
After you have had Rainer cherries Bing cherries just won't cut it ever again!

People usually love one or the other.. Kinda like people either favor a Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, for yellow apples.. Could hold debates on the subject, in the columbia valley :)

Cali may have fruit too, but we got BERRIES on west side of Mountains. Indian Springs just up the river from Tri Cities has the first cherries everyyear and as far as I can tell are the best. Bings and Rainers grow there. The Farm is just after Desert Air and before the dam

Well, I'm definately not in winemaking heaven here.. u pick syrah? oh the thought...

chokecherries, crabapples, rhubarb, and raspberries.

Unless I buy it.

Washington may be good for fruit but Michigan rules lol. We even can make ice wine.

Swiss Alps aren't so bad. Lots of fruits as well, many wild berries for free. And you can still drink out of the faucets. Some people like the view too if you into that sort of thing. Lol

I Live in Washington's Cascade Mountains. It snowed 8 inches last night. I love snow too. Probably similar except it is 30 miles to ocean. We draw our water from a natural spring and it is GOOD. I think I will have to see the Alps again . I was 4 last time and I really don't remember much

How right

After visiting Washington last summer prior to moving in a couple years we loved it. Still can't decide between the west coast area or over by Wenatchee. I loved seeing so many different types of fruit everywhere. You are lucky.

You are a lucky man. I have only made fruit wines so far and that would put me in heaven. Last year was a terrible year for berry fruits for me so I am green with envy. Might have to buy a reefer and take a road trip. LOL

Guess I should make a road trip this fall to the east side, if the fruit crop fails here in Bremerton again as in last year. Wet spring was bad for us, no plums........lots of blackberries, and huckleberries though and enough rasberries for one 5 gal batch....

My all time favorite Wine Heaven is Tuscany, Italy. The landscape, the houses, villas, castles and of course.......the wine. Fantastico!

Latest posts

Back