Wine making dictionary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,
You done a great job.This is very informative about the terms which used in wine.Its really an appreciable work and it definitely going to help all of us and its beneficial too.Keep it up.

Daisey welcome to our forum. How about going to the introductions thread and let us know what your making or want to make. Feels free to ask all the questions you want. We look forward to hearing from you.

I have known to many basic terms that are used in wine making but, the list is letting me know some other terms also that I have not heard before and it is always good for all of us to know various terms and ways that are necessary in wine making.

Margs do you make wine out of this...

spam_animation.gif

Spam wine? I wonder how that would be. I keep alot of it on hand in our emergency supplies. When food runs low that Spam will be a welcolme treat..

Some suggested additions:

Maturation: The time wine spends in bulk prior to bottling.

Aging: The time wine spends in the bottle before being served.

Variety: A taxonomic subdivision of a species consisting of naturally occurring or selectively bred populations or individuals that differ from the remainder of the species in certain minor characteristics.

Varietal: A wine made from a single grape variety.

Last edited:
@ bugout You brought this one out of the past. Thanks for doing that. Saw a lot of folks on there that I have almost forgotten about. Hope each and every on of them are doing allright and in good health. Arne.

Latest posts

Back