Wine Making 101

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicegrape

Junior
Reaction score
So I searched for a few threads that could give a complete step by step process of the basic brewing of wine start to finish and have been unable to find one.

Any help?

And is it possable to ask the Mods to make a sticky thread that is always at the top of the forum so new brewers could find it easily?

I have seen it done on other forums and is very helpful when people are looking for the basic information like myself.

Here is a good site to look at to get started. I dont know if this is going to be a link to the site or not. I'm a dummie when it comes to computers but if you type it in your browser it will take you there. If you can't find it write me back and I will try to figure out why.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/basics.asp

Okay Juice. Take (3) cans of frozen Grape Juice(read the lable, no SORBATE), add 1 gallon of water, stir in about 2 cups of sugar. Shake the hell out of it and allow the foam to rest. Keep this mix about 70F for a few hours. Take one pack of yeast(don't use bread yeast unless you live in tehe hills), but spinkle the yeast on warm water, not hot, let it rest 15 mins or so. Pour this entire mix on top without stirring. Cover loosely, wait about a week, wait till all the nasties have floated to the bottom. 7-10 days. Let it rest in its new container and attach an airlock, wait about 2 weeks, pich your nose and drink!!

Thanks for the link! I haven't read it all yet but there is some real good information there. Any other beginners should look into reading that too.

Where in Michigan are you? I'm from Kalamazoo area but now live in Mount Pleasant. Small world.

.......................................................................................... Take one pack of yeast(don't use bread yeast unless you live in tehe hills),....................................

Hey Sid I resemble that remark :D :D
Ain't been makin wine fer long but made some fine home brew and shine in my day :p

But in all seriousness use a wine yeast :)

Thanks for the link! I haven't read it all yet but there is some real good information there. Any other beginners should look into reading that too.

Where in Michigan are you? I'm from Kalamazoo area but now live in Mount Pleasant. Small world.
I am in Port Huron about 60 miles north of Detroit on Lake Huron.

Back