wine maker from MN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turning Leaf

Keeping our wine production ahead of consumption!
Reaction score
So to let you know this summer we decided to make wine. Friends of our sold their winery and I was whinny about not getting what I wanted. So I said if I find the grapes and buy the equipment would they help, YES.
My husband bought 2 25 gallon SS vats. And the week they were delivered we picked 700# of LA Crescent and
Foch. Our friends helped and went in on the grapes.
The journey has been great, so besides that we have carboys full of apple cider wine and a box German Gewurztraminer. And yesterday Cranberry with some apple cider (yeah, bought 10 gallons of fresh cider) Everyday something new comes in the mail... We ordered 600 bottles. I hope that is a good start. My husband is an over achiever, can you tell.
I do have a question... bottling, I have a wand that came in our box kit, is there another way to do this? Our vats aren't ready for a while, so the 3-6 gallon carboys will be fine using the wand.
I printed off the winemaking log, showing this to the Brew Shop we go to, he liked it. He sort of laughs about my wine making, the first one I was so excited I threw all the ingredients in at once, that one is ready to bottle soon. I just number the carboys, they all look good!
We are Prepping for next years consumption,
Sue and Tim

For your bottling question and since you are into buying equipment you need to get an All In One Pump. Steve the owner and designer is a member of the forum. When you visit his site I encourage you to call him. The pump is very good for bottling but has many other uses. You can thank me when it arrives.

https://www.allinonewinepump.com/

For your bottling question and since you are into buying equipment you need to get an All In One Pump. Steve the owner and designer is a member of the forum. When you visit his site I encourage you to call him. The pump is very good for bottling but has many other uses. You can thank me when it arrives.

https://www.allinonewinepump.com/
Wow, just watched the video, husband is now thinking about this. thank you!

I go to the local winery to get his once used bottles from his tasting room. He can’t use them again so he gives a great deal. All the same size cork but a little work cleaning and getting the labels off. Usually the labels come off after 10 minutes in hot water. I’m kinda a newbie here but have been lurking for a little while. Good luck, have fun and read up.

Wow, just watched the video, husband is now thinking about this. thank you!

This is Steve -
I am back on this forum, I had some family issues I had to deal with.

Please PM me directly if you have any questions or concerns about the All in one Wine Pump

Thanks Steve

Latest posts

Back