Wine labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's another thread here that mentions Oxiclean.

I use a milk carton that fits 16 bottles perfectly. Bottles get filled with water then the whole carton goes in a slightly larger container filled with water plus oxiclean. They stay there for 24 hours minimum or until I feel like doing a batch.

Labels either fall off or are easily scraped off with a paring knife.

Any residue is removed with waterproof sandpaper (I think 120 grit). I too did not want to use solvents in case some got into the bottles.

Removing the Stelvin collars is easy with the same paring knife (I have moved to screw tops with Novatwist). I say easy but dangerous, but no blood yet!

For easy solution going forward, we have The Everything Label that is clean release removable label (and reusable, washable, erasable, and permanent)

That looks like a nice solution. So if they are reusable, you could use them year to year, If you want a label and cut costs. Use a permanent marker to add the year and clean that off the next year. Looks like a nice solution. May have to try it out.

Latest posts

Back