Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldpony

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a new store to make wine at. The two brands offered are CellarCraft and Vineco. I've found I like full-bodied, fruity reds. Quality at least eight weeks. Any suggestions? Some companies don't even say where the grapes come from that make-up the juice mixture. Surely, if I wanted an Australian Shiraz the grapes should come from Australia and not California! :)

I'm haven't used CellarCraft kits so can't comment on them; I have used some of the Vineco california connoisseur line and they are not bad but don't give you full body. If they are available to you I can recommend the WineExpert Selection series kits and the Spagnols Cru Select kits. The Cru Select California Pinot Noir is very good; I also recommend Amarone in either kit or perhaps a Barolo or Nebbiolo - they are quite full bodied, but strongly oaked. Brochures from the wineshops selling kits have a lot of good information in them.
Good luck

Goldpony:

I am quite partial to the Vineco products. If you want an inexpensive Aussie Shiraz from them, try their Cheeky Monkey 4-week kit. If you're looking for something better, try the Ken Ridge Showcase 6-week kit.

Cellar Craft has an excellent rep for their grape skin reds. Talk to the store staff about what you like. Unfortunately they do not seem to source grapes from Australia.

Steve

Latest posts

Back