Wine kits on sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad deal. This is definitely one of the better kits available. Take your time making and aging it, and enjoy!

Planning BM 4x4, a 6 week EM with perhaps a dose of FT Rouge. Let it settle a few months. Barrel age to taste and let it go to sleep for a while

It's funny how these companies throw what appears like a big discount code in your face, but then you look at their listed price is way over what many others offer, o they inflate the list price to then give you a discount so the price is actually what it should be, clever.

It's funny how these companies throw what appears like a big discount code in your face, but then you look at their listed price is way over what many others offer, o they inflate the list price to then give you a discount so the price is actually what it should be, clever.
Yeah and some places have higher price but free shipping, others have lower price but you pay for shipping. Makes it a little confusing to compare. Ultimately I think I prefer the latter, a little more transparent what you're actually paying for.

Like was stated, most of the time I see an inflated price it’s usually because shipping is included. You never see those low prices and free shipping, then it would really be a sale. HBO had a real good RJS sale that was 25% off and free shipping a couple months ago. Wish I’d of stocked up even more then I did

Ohio Home Brew has 10% off through the 23rd with code: BREWING10

Not the best deal, but better than nothing.

Just bought a kit from the Musto Wine Grape Company. Great price on the Mosti Mondiale AllJuice Nero D'Avola. $85.00 plus shipping. Last one of these I bought was from another company for $135.00. Shipping to Arizona from the east coast was really expensive, but worth it. Ends up being just over $5 / bottle. I made this one, my first ever wine making attempt, in October and I really like it. Drank Nero D'Avola a lot on our trip to Sicily.

#ithink2020 (I hope I did that hash tag thing right) mentioned Wine Lovers in one of the threads. Being curious, I googled them and navigated to their website. The company is a wine kit seller that retails in kits under their own label. They happen to be having a sale, $10 off low-end kits so a $60 kit now sells for $50 including shipping.

It's hard to figure out the amount of juice concentrate that you're getting in the kits. The only quantifiable designation in their listings is a PABV percent. Initially I took that to be the alcohol level in the finished wine but I'm not sure since they have numbers like 7% for a Sangiovese $50 kit, 11.5% for the $55 kit, and 13.5% for the $90 kit. According to the nutrition labels, the kits are packed in Canada.

#ithink2020 (I hope I did that hash tag thing right) mentioned Wine Lovers in one of the threads. Being curious, I googled them and navigated to their website. The company is a wine kit seller that retails in kits under their own label. They happen to be having a sale, $10 off low-end kits so a $60 kit now sells for $50 including shipping.

It's hard to figure out the amount of juice concentrate that you're getting in the kits. The only quantifiable designation in their listings is a PABV percent. Initially I took that to be the alcohol level in the finished wine but I'm not sure since they have numbers like 7% for a Sangiovese $50 kit, 11.5% for the $55 kit, and 13.5% for the $90 kit. According to the nutrition labels, the kits are packed in Canada.
It looks like the $50 Merlot kit I looked at is about 1.3 gallons based on the serving size and number of servings mentioned in the nutritional info.

Not quite. I am repeating here solely in case it helps Ithink2020. You use an "at-sign,", not an octothorpe, like so: @ithink2020

Thanks, Sour Grapes! I was pretty sure I got that wrong. Also, you taught me a new word, octothorpe. I had only known them as hash tags.

Getting back to Wine Lovers kits, as I perused their website, I suspected that the kit listings were kits with high juice concentrations and that caused me to reflect on recent changes going on in the kit making industry. WinExpert adopted MAP pricing and, within the past few months, increased the juice concentration in their kits. Are such changes a sign of things to come in the wine kit making industry?

I used to think of highly concentrated wine juice kits as cheap kits that result in a drinkable, early maturing, table wine, but not one with the complexity needed to compete with commercial wines costing $10 on up. Now I'm wondering if companies like WinExpert and Wine Lovers have found a way to achieve that same level of wine complexity potential using highly concentrated kits.

I don't know anything about Wine Lovers but I've considered WinExpert to be a respected wine kit manufacturer that wouldn't jeopardize market share without knowing that such changes will result in a better wine than the kits being sold by competitors.

So far, Spagnols has not made these changes so many of us are pledging to change our WinExpert kit purchases to that company. But WinExpert's marketing department would have done market studies that projected that knee-jerk reaction. They must, therefore, be very confident that they have developed a juice concentration process that produces superior wines. It will take a few years of customer wine making results to know if they got it right.

I worked for a major manufacturer of large appliances. One parts department employee complained they were losing sales because they sold at 10X the price guy down the street sold for and asked if they could lower their price to compete. The response? "Can you guarantee you will sell 10X more if we cut the price 10X?"

With Medicare you have to choose a new drug supplier every year. Last year the plan I was in went up 4X at the end of the year. The same company offered another pretty much identical plan for what I was currently paying. They were just hoping people would just not bother changing.

Did we ever know WE high $ kits weren't reconstituted from the same base juices but marketing knew there was a perceived difference and could charge more buy pre-adding a little water to the 'premium' kits?

Around here the only wine kits the locals carry is WE because that is what they can go pickup at LD Carlson's. There was never a large choice in market for quality kits to start with. If you search you can find LD's wholesale price list leaked online (from their own site). WE has close to 100% markup. That's why Label Peelers have better prices. They are close to LD's. They don't have to stock anything. You order it and they go pick it up and do a quick turn around.

This thread is a great idea. I don't need more kits at the moment as I have 2 sitting ready to be made. The last one I bought was a Wine Lovers Grenache medium body for $44 including delivery. That was with a 20% off coupon. Normally $55 including delivery.

This thread is a great idea. I don't need more kits at the moment as I have 2 sitting ready to be made. The last one I bought was a Wine Lovers Grenache medium body for $44 including delivery. That was with a 20% off coupon. Normally $55 including delivery.
May I know where you bought the wine kit for $44 including delivery? Was it in Ohio? Did the $44 include sales tax?

wineloversonline.com

The medium body kits are $55 and they sent me a 20% off coupon. It arrived in several days, no additional shipping cost and no tax. I'm frankly not sure how they do it all at that price. The heavy bodied kits are $90 and have 16 liters of base juice. I have a Pino Noir kit of that on my bench. looking forward to that one. I finished a Merlot that turned out very well.

And such is the saga of Tweaking cheap wine kits, we're thinking outside the box counts and less is more resides.
No matter what the style or price of the kit it all comes down to You.🍷

Latest posts

Back