Wine kits on sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Wish they carried RJS
They are close to the WE distributor. They don't have to stock it, just pick it up when someone orders it. That's why they tell store pickups not to show up until notified. That's how can afford to have the prices they do. Markup on WE kits is pretty huge. I've found the wholesale pricing online leaked by the distributor.

Label Peelers has 40% off wine kits. Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay at Ohio Homebrew is $89.99 with free shipping. At Labelpeelers it's $58.62 plus shipping. Even with shipping at $20, Labelpeelers is still the better buy.

(replied to the wrong post)

Has anyone tried the WE Vintner's Reserve Trinity Red or Trinity White? Any good?

I've made both. My Trinity Red is 9 months old right now, I want to give it a year before I bottle it. But, for the price, I'm very happy with the few tastes I've allowed myself. I made it using BM4X4 yeast.

I made my Trinity White with QA23 yeast. Almost all of it was gone by 9 months, I'm hoarding the last 5 bottles as I won't have an open carboy to make it again anytime soon. As soon as I finish everything in rotation I'm ordering another and if I had the equipment I'd make a double batch. It's amazing, everyone who's tried it loves it. Even my parents, who don't like white wine, asked for another bottle so they could have it again.

I've made both. My Trinity Red is 9 months old right now, I want to give it a year before I bottle it. But, for the price, I'm very happy with the few tastes I've allowed myself. I made it using BM4X4 yeast.

I made my Trinity White with QA23 yeast. Almost all of it was gone by 9 months, I'm hoarding the last 5 bottles as I won't have an open carboy to make it again anytime soon. As soon as I finish everything in rotation I'm ordering another and if I had the equipment I'd make a double batch. It's amazing, everyone who's tried it loves it. Even my parents, who don't like white wine, asked for another bottle so they could have it again.
Thank you. I was thinking about making the Trinity White, so guess I'll give it a try.

Thank you. Wish they carried RJS

I live in central Ohio about 135 miles from Ravenna which is where Label Peelers is located. I have had items shipped and I have picked up items at their site. I have discussed their offering RJS products with them and they tell me it is RJS that is the hitch. They will not give Label Peelers their line to distribute due to another RJS distributor in the area.

Also, I have not ordered from Home Brew Ohio but I have started an ordered which I deleted when I noticed that they charged sales tax on kits. Label Peelers does not charge sales tax on their kits. I am not sure if wine kits are taxable in Ohio but it seems like they should not be as they are a "food" item and food is not taxable.

I live in central Ohio about 135 miles from Ravenna which is where Label Peelers is located. I have had items shipped and I have picked up items at their site. I have discussed their offering RJS products with them and they tell me it is RJS that is the hitch. They will not give Label Peelers their line to distribute due to another RJS distributor in the area.

Also, I have not ordered from Home Brew Ohio but I have started an ordered which I deleted when I noticed that they charged sales tax on kits. Label Peelers does not charge sales tax on their kits. I am not sure if wine kits are taxable in Ohio but it seems like they should not be as they are a "food" item and food is not taxable.

I have ordered fro HBO many times. In fact they have pretty much become my go to. Really fast service unlike and their prices to me here in Pa are very good.
It does seem Lablepeelers is also a great place is your looking for WE.

Y’all might try Hearts Home Brew for RJS stuff. Not sure what shipping is like but they have the best prices I’ve seen in store.

I buy a few every time I’m close.

Jbo

I have found that once shipping is added most places on line are higher then Home Brew Ohio. I been using them for just about all my RJS

I ordered one from my LHBS for the same price as Northern. It’s kind of a thing with them. If the get close to matching what I’d pay online (they don’t have to beat it), they get my business.

I agree 100% with you, I’d give my LHBS my business also to help them stay there. My problem is they don’t carry RJS and only carry WE.

Just ordered from Hearts Homebrew for the first time. I could not find an RJS EP Super Tuscan in stock anywhere and they had 2 of them.

How was the shipping cost?

It was $35 so my price delivered was $155. $4 cheaper then HBO who unfortunately did not have it in stock anyway. The company we are not allowed to mention had it advertised for immediate delivery but like everything else with them, they didn’t.
I heard so much good about this kit I’m just glad to have one coming.

It was $35 so my price delivered was $155. $4 cheaper then HBO who unfortunately did not have it in stock anyway. The company we are not allowed to mention had it advertised for immediate delivery but like everything else with them, they didn’t.

How do I figure out which company this is so I can avoid them?

Not a bad deal. This is definitely one of the better kits available. Take your time making and aging it, and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back