Wine kits and ingredients

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineview

Still waiting.........
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that different kits have varying supplies and instructions. I'm sure there is a standard and I'll catch on as time goes on.

Example: kit one had Bentonite the second didn't. Is it advisable to use it even if it didn't come with the kit?

Oak chip additions seem to be at different times with different kits. Yeast nutrient or none. When is the best time to add the nutrient? One set of directions said add nutrient at 1.040. My wine is at a weekend house and I may not be there at 1.040. Should that be a concern? Aerate don't aerate. Again I'll get my rhythm.

I suppose I should live by the words of Charlie Papazian, "Relax Don't Worry, Have a Home-brew".

Any advice is welcome.

WV

The thing is, there are so many ways to make wine that it is not really possible to say anything MUST be done, or SHOULDN'T be done. Some like to use bentonite, some don't.

The good thing is, as the winemaker, you get to choose. The bad thing is, as the winemaker you have to choose.

The thing is, there are so many ways to make wine that it is not really possible to say anything MUST be done, or SHOULDN'T be done. Some like to use bentonite, some don't.

The good thing is, as the winemaker, you get to choose. The bad thing is, as the winemaker you have to choose.

Yes I have found that in my two decades of brewing.

Latest posts

Back