Wine kit with yeast that exspired in 2012

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i just picked a some wine making supplies from a cl ad. It came with a vitners reserve white zin kit. When i checked the exspiration date on the yeast it exspired in 2012. I dont know what the juice is supposed to look like to know if its any good. Should i toss it or buy a new yeast and go for gold? [emoji13]

get rid of all chemicals and yeast get new. ferment as per instructions. if wine look a little brown it is from oxidizing during storage. A method I found useful is to fine with powdered skim milk. calculate the liters of wine and make a solution of .5grams of powder for each liter in 5 ml of water for each liter. get the wine swirling so thta you have a whirlpool and pour the solution down the center of the vortex that will guarantee solution is absorbed by the wine and not be left on the surface. after a few days rack off sediment.

So i just picked a some wine making supplies from a cl ad. It came with a vitners reserve white zin kit. When i checked the exspiration date on the yeast it exspired in 2012. I dont know what the juice is supposed to look like to know if its any good. Should i toss it or buy a new yeast and go for gold? [emoji13]

where did you get the cool pic of the skeleton?

All right.. just got around to starting this kit. The juice is dark brown and smells like raisins. Im going to continue and see how it turns out. Im assuming these are signs of oxidation.

Latest posts

Back