Wine Kit - Time to Make

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthompson

Reaction score
All,

I just got my first wine kit and all the equipment. I am obviously excited and ready to start, however life is busy. Can anyone guesstimate how long it will take a total beginner to get this started? I'm ready to get going, but don't want to be up to 2 AM finishing up.

Thanks.

It would help to know what you have as far as equipment and a kit as some are more work then others, for example kits with grape skins take longer, another example is d you have a drill mounted mix stir as this speeds up the mixing everything up process. If you just have a big spoon and a normal kit then you need to make up a sanitizer solution an sanitize everything that will touch your wine. 3 tbs of k-meta to 1 gallon of warm water and then get everything wet and wipe down with paper towel or drip dry well. Read the directions first and then read each step again while performing these steps and Im guessing you'll have it all done within an hour.

It would help to know what you have as far as equipment and a kit as some are more work then others, for example kits with grape skins take longer, another example is d you have a drill mounted mix stir as this speeds up the mixing everything up process. If you just have a big spoon and a normal kit then you need to make up a sanitizer solution an sanitize everything that will touch your wine. 3 tbs of k-meta to 1 gallon of warm water and then get everything wet and wipe down with paper towel or drip dry well. Read the directions first and then read each step again while performing these steps and Im guessing you'll have it all done within an hour.

I have this equipment kit.

And this wine kit.

Use that Mix stir to get the must mixed up good and you will get a good sg reading as eveything will be throughly mixed well. I only really use the plastic spoon for grape skin kits to punch down (push the fruit or grape skins back under the must). Youll be done in about an hour. Make sure you keep te peel and stick sticker from the box which contains the code for Winexpert. Should be a decent wine if you lt it age.

Excellent. Thanks, Wade. I'm sure I'll be back as I go through this for the first time.

Latest posts

Back