Wine Kit Like Portuguese Vinho Verde?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prairieboy

Junior
Reaction score
Often in the summer we drink Portuguese vinho verde. A great wine for heat!

Can anyone recommend a wine kit that would result in a similar light refreshing white wine character?

Thank you for any suggestions!

I drink mixed drinks in summer here, maybe rum and OJ....
My wife likes a Chennin Blank or even a sauv. blanc...on the very hot days of summer.
She will sometimes get them almost freezing to drink by the pool.

Maybe try the Winexpert Chilean Sauvignon Blanc which is quite a light fresh wine, perfect for summer evenings - and has growing conditions in the Andes that aren't totally dissimilar to the Vinho Verde (cool temps at nights). Plus it's in the winexpert Classic range which means it's in the cheapest winexpert range. We've made it and love it, and it's been generally loved by those that have tasted it.

I drink mixed drinks in summer here, maybe rum and OJ....
My wife likes a Chennin Blank or even a sauv. blanc...on the very hot days of summer.
She will sometimes get them almost freezing to drink by the pool.
Yes I am a rum guy too, but need to switch it up sometimes. Thank you for the lead on chenin and Sauvignon blanc. Will have a look!

Maybe try the Winexpert Chilean Sauvignon Blanc which is quite a light fresh wine, perfect for summer evenings - and has growing conditions in the Andes that aren't totally dissimilar to the Vinho Verde (cool temps at nights). Plus it's in the winexpert Classic range which means it's in the cheapest winexpert range. We've made it and love it, and it's been generally loved by those that have tasted it.
I’ve done a Sauvignon blanc before but not the one by winexpert you mentioned. I will check it out. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back