Wine Kit Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I am trying to find a wine kit with a style that resembles the Gnarly Head Authentic Black. I really like this wine and thought it may be a good style to try as my first wine kit. Any suggestions? I thought maybe this may be close but I think it is more like the authentic red they have. RJ Spagnols Cru Select California Cabernet Syrah Zinfandel Wine Making Kit

WINE
True to its name, Gnarly Head Authentic Black opens with brooding aromas of black cherry, black licorice and vanilla providing a powerful entrée to this big, robust Petite Sirah-based blend. Dark and inky in the glass, concentrated flavors of boysenberry and dark chocolate are framed by hints of baking spice on the finish. Styled to stand up to the heartiest of dishes, boldly pair this full-bodied wine with venison chili, meat lovers pizza or grilled rib eye steak.

VINEYARDS
Gnarly Head Authentic Black is crafted using grapes from select vineyards throughout the Lodi region. Lodi has an ideal climate for growing exceptional, full flavored grapes – long, warm summer breezes from the ocean in addition to well-draining sandy soil.

WINEMAKING
Fruit for Gnarly Head Authentic Black was harvested during the cool night hours and then delivered to the winery. Following de-stemming, the grapes were fermented slowly in stainless steel fermenters and then pressed gently into stainless steel tanks. To accentuate the concentrated fruit flavors and add an extra layer of complexity, the wine was then racked on a combination of French and American oak to age.

https://www.gnarlyhead.com/global/wines/authentic-black.html

I am trying to find a wine kit with a style that resembles the Gnarly Head Authentic Black. I really like this wine and thought it may be a good style to try as my first wine kit. Any suggestions? I thought maybe this may be close but I think it is more like the authentic red they have. RJ Spagnols Cru Select California Cabernet Syrah Zinfandel Wine Making Kit

WINE
True to its name, Gnarly Head Authentic Black opens with brooding aromas of black cherry, black licorice and vanilla providing a powerful entrée to this big, robust Petite Sirah-based blend. Dark and inky in the glass, concentrated flavors of boysenberry and dark chocolate are framed by hints of baking spice on the finish. Styled to stand up to the heartiest of dishes, boldly pair this full-bodied wine with venison chili, meat lovers pizza or grilled rib eye steak.

VINEYARDS
Gnarly Head Authentic Black is crafted using grapes from select vineyards throughout the Lodi region. Lodi has an ideal climate for growing exceptional, full flavored grapes – long, warm summer breezes from the ocean in addition to well-draining sandy soil.

WINEMAKING
Fruit for Gnarly Head Authentic Black was harvested during the cool night hours and then delivered to the winery. Following de-stemming, the grapes were fermented slowly in stainless steel fermenters and then pressed gently into stainless steel tanks. To accentuate the concentrated fruit flavors and add an extra layer of complexity, the wine was then racked on a combination of French and American oak to age.

https://www.gnarlyhead.com/global/wines/authentic-black.html
Don't get your hopes up. I have yet to find a decent kit version of a Petite Sirah. Mosti Mondiale has an ok rendition in their all-juice line, but it took three years of aging before it was remotely good, plus it's difficult to find for a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back