Wine kit age

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is a wine kit from 2005 to old to make??

IMO, YES.

But, just to be nosy, what is the kit? Brand and variety? Have you looked at the juice? Does it look brownish? What do the additives look like? Date on the yeast? Are the clearing agents OK?

You could always give it a try, but don't get your hopes up.

Steve

If you just bought this bring it back and demand your money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was given to you I would get a new packet of yeast and give it a try if the juice is not brown. A packet of yast is like $1 and the rest of the stuff is also very cheap and most of it is not really needed anyway.

Thanks guys. I was purchasing it from a guy on Craigslist, but he is not returning my e-mails at the moment. If he ever does I will deffentatly make sure to check the juice out!! It is a winexpert kit for a Cab. Sav.

Thanks
Courtney

Ummm...a 4 year old kit with unknown storage on Craigslist. I'd be looking for something else. I wouldn't even offer $10.

BTW, Winexpert makes numerous Cab Sauvs. Better find out which one if you're still interested.

Steve

So I got there and the wine kit was manufactured in 2007. It had won an award in 2005. But I looked at the juice and it looked like juice. Not brown at all.

Is that still too old?

2 years is marginal. If you do and willing to toss 20 away in case it don't work REPLACE the yeast

Courtney:

2007 is too old for me, but not for many others.

What kit is it, and how much $$$$$?

Steve

It was the winexpert Woodbridge cab sav.
He said he paid 125 for it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back