Wine just keeps binding all new meta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheesh

Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this...this years Pinot noir had just been pressed and put in a stainless tank, and the next morning I find the lid popped off, tube was too big for the lid...was hoping to finish the last point of fermentation in tank, so no so2. Five days go by, it won't finish, so I hit with 50 ppm meta..should give me 25 after binding, right? Nope, gave me 10ppm. I have since added a gram at a time for 5 days and retested, and it refuses to move off 10 ppm free..have gotten new meta, checked my vinmetrica, etc. is there some pathogen binding the new meta, or what? Thx

I don’t think there is a set % that will stay free. Is your wine in a container full and under airlock now?

A few other questions. What’s your pH? How much wine(15 gallons?) Brix level? Are you doing mlf?

Perhaps it is binding to the O2 each time it is exposed. If it were mine, I'd add 30ppm (3 grams) and revisit it in 2 months.

Latest posts

Back