Wine Icecubes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I just talked to a woman who took left over wine and made icecubes out of them!

I didn't think that was possible?????

To have leftover wine. :p:p

Freezing wine, HMRC (FDA) might have something to say!:D, the distillation or separation of alcohol by freezing without a license or paying the appropriate duty is an offence apparently, :D, but only if they can prove it was you;)

Last edited:
I just talked to a woman who took left over wine and made icecubes out of them! (yep, understood that bit)
{..................empty space.........................................................................................................}
I didn't think that was possible?????( ah now heres the catch, y'know the expression "go tell it to the marines" [they go and look for themselves!:D], "not possible" has that affect on me!)
{ ........................empty space............................................................................................ }
To have leftover wine.(sooooo I completely missed this bit:slp )

{........} = more than a bears attention span!!:D

and "leftoverwine" my mind just couldn't recognise it!!, can that happen? leftover........... I will have to think about it;)(have a big drink and look again:D).

Last edited:
you can freeze leftover red wine in ice cube trays.. use it for cooking

:p

you can freeze leftover red wine in ice cube trays.. use it for cooking

:p

:< red wine at sub zero?:D (unless it is Beaujolais Nouveau, in which case frozen is good!) if there is any left, which is seldom it will sit on the side until I cook, which is often;), with beef, braised, Bolognaise, red onion marmalade, red cabbage, sometimes even left open outside for vinegar!!!!, it goes in the onion marmalade;).

I may be in the minority here, however I really hate wine sauces.

much better to just drink the wine..

I don't like casseroles with beer in them either.. all the delicate flavours are lost. it overpowers everything.

Allie

may I suggest that you don't like "bad" wine sauces, if the wine is the first thing you taste, do not eat there again!, they cannot cook!, there are only a few casseroles or carbonades with beer in them, and if too much or too strong a beer is used the dish is ruined, the best liqour for a braise or casserole is water, if the other ingredients cannot provide enough flavour, find a new recipe;)..........;)

I just avoid the dishes that state wine sauces.

thankyou.. you have reiterated my own feelings.

besides, I prefer delicate dishes.. richer foods are too much for me.

Allie

beary?

I just reread my post and saw you are in england?

if so I amend my post to... favourite, absolutely, ever, main meal...

Steak and kidney pie in a suet pastry..

I would never walk past a restaurant/cafe.. with a menu/chalkboard offering this as their chefs special.

It is beyond heaven.. made properly. English cuisine is more than .. 'deep fried chips and mars bars'.

Allie

Just two small point's m'dear, deepfried mars bar's are a horrible Scottish invention and pomme's fritte(chip's) are French, on the other hand, snake and pygmy pie/pudding(baby's head!! [Navy]) is fab, personally I cannot pass a "pie and mash" shop, because they also serve stewed eel's in parsley sauce, ooh bliss double pie and mash with eel's in liqour, large mug of tea, bread and butter and as much chilli vinegar as you like:D.

Oh Yucck!!!

no wonder we don't import english chefs

and you just love "steak and kidney pie", now let me just remember some biology, oh yes the blood passes through the kidneys where the urea is removed and passed with other waste fluids to the bladder, you really want to eat kidney's?, I think my eel's are rather nice and clean considering:D.

and you can call the English what you like:D, I'm part Welsh and part Irish, so there:sp

be careful what you wish for beary..

I was born in Wales.. to Scots parentage on both sides.

can you cook is the real question?

Hell, even if he can't cook, G., there is something hilarious about him.

Latest posts

Back