Wine grape suppliers near Roanoke virginia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help you with wine making but I used to travel there a lot for work, so I have some other tips...

Best restaurant I've been to is The Quarter. Best place for beers, pool, live music, and socializing is Corned Beer. Best diner is Paul's...crazy inexpensive and love their breakfast. Martin's is a great lunch spot, also has some live music. Hikes up to the star are really nice. Don't miss your parking meter my a minute, the guy who monitors in his little cart is on top of his shit! If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Mainshipfred, I'm interested in the MD/DC area suppliers. Pick your own or post harvest. Hybrid or vinifera.

Mainshipfred, I'm interested in the MD/DC area suppliers. Pick your own or post harvest. Hybrid or vinifera.

I've never bought anything from S and S but did visit their warehouse during a party they threw. Their grapes looked good as did their storage conditions. I didn't buy anything because they didn't, at the time, have what I was looking for. At S and S you get what they have in, there is no pre ordering. The advantage is you can see and possibly test the grapes before you buy them. If you call they will let you know what they have to date.

http://sandswinegrapes.com/index.html

Washington Winemakers is a local club open to all winemakers. It does require a pre order and pre payment. Several of us purchased from them for the first time as fall and we were all happy with the quality of the grapes. Contact Jim Gearing to get added to the email list to get the order form when it comes out. It has an affiliation with a church that has a senior living facility and the proceeds go toward supporting this facility.

www.washingtonwinemakers.org

Thanks so much!!! I like the looks of Double A Vineyard's juice kits but the shipping is prohibitive.

Latest posts

Back