Wine Glass Dryer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPaczkowski

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone have a design for a glass drying rack

I belong to a wine club with over 150 members and each year we have a club judging event. We have over 175 bottles of wine to judge which means we need to wash and dry a lot of glasses. Or old dryer is a wood box with shelves that have hanging glass racks on the underside of each shelf and we use a hair dryer, in the bottom, for the air and heat source. It was fine ten years ago but not today.

I bought a 24 pack of Amazon Basics microfiber clothes.

That's what I use to dry my wine glasses. It takes me 10x longer to wash them than it does to dry them.

We need to wash and dry over 500 glasses over a 3 to 4 hr time frame

That gives you about 30 seconds per glass with one person working, a minute per glass for two people working. Is this something you'll be doing on a regular basis or a one time thing? I doubt you'll find something affordable that will handle that volume unless it's a commercial machine of some sort...........

We do this two or three times a year the other one is the Wisconsin State Fair amateur wine judging were we have over three hundred bottles to judge and occasionally we assist as stewards, providing the equipment, for the Wisconsin Winery Association professional wine competition.

Maybe one of those high speed hand driers? wouldn't be cheap, but would probably work. Dale

Latest posts

Back