wine from wild cherry tree?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually crush fruit to break the skins then put everything in mesh bag with amount of water your using with the k meta and pectin for 24 hours then squeeze and add sugar and yeast squeeze bag and stir every day for about a week following ddb recipe

I bought an old fashion cherry pitter off ebay for around $30 and it worked great for pitting the 26# of sour cherries this year. Most pits came off nice and clean with the pulp dropping out the end

will be interested how it ages, using montmercy (pie cherry) without pitting I see astringent/ metallic flavors develop in year two
I bought an old fashion cherry pitter off ebay for around $30 and it worked great for pitting the 26# of sour cherries this year. Most pits came off nice and clean with the pulp dropping out the end

@ Yooper how much fruit did you with the chokecherry wine? Looks light colored, but maybe your berries are not as dark as ours are. Arne.

@ Yooper THanks. Bout what I used this year. Pulled the berries after only 4 days and the wine is till darker than yours. Must be more color in our berries. Will be tasting shortly, like to wait til it sits for a month or so before trying. Arne.

Latest posts

Back