Wine From Prickly Pear Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrinderBoy

Junior
Reaction score
I have an almost unlimited source of healthy Opuntia Cactus Fruit (Tuna). I use a steam juicer to render juice to make Jelly. I have an abundance of clean, filtered juice, not enough canning jars unless I buy more and I thought about wine making with this excess. Currently I have just over1 1/2 gallons of juice.

I have only done kit wines previously and would love to have some advice and or recipes for making wine from this juice. I have or can easily acquire sterilization equipment and products, fermenters, airlocks, wine thief, climate control devices, campden tablets, pectic enzyme, acid blend, champagne yeast, bottles, corks. I pretty have much everything I think I need except specifics about the makings of Prickly Pear Fruit Wine.

I ask for advice as the juice rendering is a tremendous amount of labor and I'd like to begin with potentially favorable wine making results, otherwise I'll just buy jars and process the juice for jelly.

Thank you for your consideration,
David

Latest posts

Back