Wine from Ocean Spray juice?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floomagoo

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of making wine from Ocean Spray triple berry juice (cranberry, blueberry, blackberry).

How should I do this? Just add sugar and yeast to the juice? Or should I mix the juice in with water first?

Any tips are appreciated!

I cannot imagine that adding water will help anything. I have no direct experience in this, but I think adding sugar and yeast only is the right course of action. Also, check to see if there are any preservatives (Sorbate or k-meta) in the juice.

check the specific gravity before you start might not be enough sugar to get a good wine. also add yeast nutrient and check acid levels. adjust accordingly.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of making wine from Ocean Spray triple berry juice (cranberry, blueberry, blackberry).

How should I do this? Just add sugar and yeast to the juice? Or should I mix the juice in with water first?

Any tips are appreciated!

I made hooch from Ocean Spray juice several years back, just to see if and how it would work. I don't have notes on it, but I recall adding a decent amount of simple syrup to just under three gallons of juice. I used EC1118 that was leftover from a wine kit. It wasn't half bad as a summer spritzer.

I made hooch from Ocean Spray juice several years back, just to see if and how it would work. I don't have notes on it, but I recall adding a decent amount of simple syrup to just under three gallons of juice. I used EC1118 that was leftover from a wine kit. It wasn't half bad as a summer spritzer.

So the flavor was good?

Several years back I made Ocean Spray Cranberry wine, one gallon batch. Adjusted the S.G. to 1.095 and used Montrachet yeast. After referring to my notes, I used 3 liters of O.S. 100% juice. I would recommend using cranberry juice for top-up fluid where needed. Notes say TA = 7gm/l. This was a decent wine and got better the longer I let it age.

Mike

Those Juices are one of my favorites, for drinking as cold beverage - Unfermented. The problem is that they are not that concentrated AND they contain a lot of filler juice like Apple juice. Not all bad but as mentioned probably better to use for a wine cooler ferment not a real wine as such. Just another opinion.

Latest posts

Back