wine from concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder2000

Reaction score
I am thinking of making a wine from apple kiwi strawberry concentrate. Has anyone tried this yet and will it work out? I am thinking six gallons. I would appreciate any help with this idea.

3-3 1/2 cans per gallon is what you will want to use, Stay away from any juice that has metabisulfite , sorbate , or benzoate in it. If it has metabisulfite in it you could use it but dont add any extra before adding yeast as it will hinder your fermentation. They come out pretty good.

3-3 1/2 cans per gallon is what you will want to use, Stay away from any juice that has metabisulfite , sorbate , or benzoate in it. If it has metabisulfite in it you could use it but dont add any extra before adding yeast as it will hinder your fermentation. They come out pretty good.

My wife just bought 12 cans of grape juice concentrate on sale at Walmart
It has potassium metasulfide as a preservative Will it be much trouble to get to ferment?

Probably metabisulfite not sulfide.

I doubt it will cause much trouble if you use a good quality wine yeast. But let the juice sit for 12-24 hours before pitchingthe yeast. This will allow a lot of the sulphite to dissipate.

Steve

Probably metabisulfite not sulfide.

I doubt it will cause much trouble if you use a good quality wine yeast. But let the juice sit for 12-24 hours before pitchingthe yeast. This will allow a lot of the sulphite to dissipate.

Steve

Steve
I did a typo it is Potassium Metabisulfite
would you recommend letting it sit refrigerated or un refrigerated and with or without the yeast nutrients I know not to add campden

I'm no expert at this. I just started my first wine from supermarket juices last month. I made up my must with everything included except the yeast, and added the yeast the next day. Not refrigerated but it was in a room that would have been about 14C or 57F.

Steve

You can let it accilmate to room temp and add everything but yeast and pectic enzyme. After 12 hours add the pectic enzyme as sulfites will neagte the effect of the pectic enzyme. After a total of 24 hours rehydrate the yeast like it says on the package and add it to your wine whih should be at a temp of around 74* and kept there until your wine is fermenting, then you could let it stay at that temp or let it lower down to about 65* but dont let it get much lower then that. Do not add any extra sulfite to this wine as you would with a juice or frui wine that did not have sulfites in it.

Latest posts

Back