Wine fountain

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I was a little upset the first time I visited this thread. I was expecting the latest wedding trend with red and white wine flowing free from a fountain. ☹

i thought the same. Until the wine nerd in me ruined it with the realization that the wine would probably oxidize in minutes. :confused:

I remember that wine well. At 18 what else would you drink.
Dry red wine, but I was the oddball. IIRC, Bolla was about $2 at that time.

I looked older as a teenager, and at that time, as long as you looked old enough and weren't making trouble, no one proofed. I drank cheap beer and Italian wine. I never tried Boone's Farm until I was in college, and I drank a bit to be polite -- it was way too sweet for me. Don't get me wrong -- I like dessert wines, but in limited quantities. But I'm not quite sure Boone's Farm qualifies as "wine". ;)

corkscrew.jpg

When I was 17, I was in the package store on a military base with my mom and younger brother. The notice board had a pad of coupons -- for each 2 labels of Bolla wines, get a free corkscrew. Had to be postmarked the following day, so we bought 6 bottles of wine, soaked the labels as soon as we got home, and put 'em in the mail the next day. Six weeks later a box arrived containing 3 corkscrews.

Mine is in my kitchen drawer, my mom's is in my wine room (she passed away 15 years ago), and AFAIK, my brother still has his.

It was a different time ....

Rockin the Mad Dog at 16 was my first experience with wine. It turned me off of wine for nearly 20 years
My first experience with MD2020 was my roommate coming in drunk and barfing on MY bed, not his own. I was far from a happy camper, although in hindsight it's funny.

Latest posts

Back