Wine for Topping Muscadine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPBart

Reaction score
In the past I've used merlot and pinot noir (both kit wines I had in the cellar) for topping off muscadine after racking (typically just a few ounces at a time). I don't have those available right now, so I may have to simply buy something for topping at next racking.

Anybody got specific experience and/or recommendation as to specific wine suitable for topping muscadine?

Thats a tough one. Do you want to sweeten thios wine also, cause if so i wiuld just sweeten it with maybe some concord juice instead of buyin another wine that youll probably not even find one close unless you are in Muscadine territory and then maybe you caould find one in a local winery. I have never seen any commercial Muscs's around here which is too bad because I like it!

Thats a tough one. Do you want to sweeten thios wine also, cause if so i wiuld just sweeten it with maybe some concord juice instead of buyin another wine that youll probably not even find one close unless you are in Muscadine territory and then maybe you caould find one in a local winery. I have never seen any commercial Muscs's around here which is too bad because I like it!

There are commercial muscadine wines available here (SE Louisiana), but they are all (IMO) sickenly sweet! However, I suppose in a pinch I could use one of them.

As long as you have stabilized your wine adding 1 or 2 wont make your wine much sweeter at all. You surely want tom add sulfite and sorbate to your wine first though or you might start fermenting agin even though their wine is stablized because youll be diluting the effects of that sorbate with adding it to yours.

Latest posts

Back