• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wine filter needed for aspiring napa wine maker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new i have seen small air pump locally for $500-$700...... I have pretty much decided I am going to look for plate filter housings, preferably used, as with the air pump as well. If anyone is looking to get rid of something in those categories let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
new i have seen small air pump locally for $500-$700...... I have pretty much decided I am going to look for plate filter housings, preferably used, as with the air pump as well. If anyone is looking to get rid of something in those categories let me know. Thanks in advance.

I'm confused ??
You mentioned in one of your first posts that you don't want to spend over 100 dollars - is this correct ?
How are you going to be able to purchase all these items for under 100 dollars ?

Can you describe the type of air pump you are looking at buying ?

new i have seen small air pump locally for $500-$700......

Why spend $500 for an air pump???

I have pretty much decided I am going to look for plate filter housings, preferably used, as with the air pump as well.

If you are going with plate, IMHO, I think you should look for a liquid pump to push the wine through the plates. Less aeration, and more pressure.

Last edited:
Eh comon give him a break, he is trying. Its like the grilling session because he wants to build his own filter device.

I doubt you need a 500 buck pump, especially on your first try. Really, I would do some searching for some good quality food grape pumps and size one based on your expected frictional losses through the filter. Oversize it just a bit, and if you need to reduce pressure include a recirc line.

I have this for sale. It is used but works fine. You can get sterile filters cheap if you buy in bulk. If you are interested PM me.

IMG_6615.JPG

Latest posts

Back