WineXpert Wine Expert Washington Cloumbia Valley Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestwine

Reaction score
I have it racked with 6 campden tablets and in the clarification stage and by kit instruction it should be there 28days how much longer should I leave it there for better bulk aging

I am confused. the kit does not come with tablets. Did you not get k-meta, sorbate and a clarifier. Did you degas yet? Usually its only several weeks after degassing and clearing that the instructions say to bottle. I waited about 30 days on that kit.

Did you add the f-pac?, never mind to long in bulk aging is better than not long enough. My son made this kit for his wife. He bottled after 3 weeks in clearing and aging and it still had dust on bottle of bottles 1 year latter

No the kit does not come with campdon tablets but on the last stage before you bottle it says you can add potassium metabisulphite to prevent oxidation

All W.E. kits come with a package of both sorbate and k-meta, did you not get this stuff in your kit cause you should have! It would have been marked package 2(metasulfite) and package 3 (sorbate). Package 4 is fining agent and then there would have been a f-pack. I would give it it a few more weeks and then rack it off the compacted less and then age it some more.

ya it came with all that and im past that stage my question was how much long should I leave it in the carboy than the 28 days they say to leave it in there

Hope you like sweet Riesling , I would after the 28 days, rack it off and let it sit at least 30 more. If you want to leave it longer, better.

I made this kit over a month ago. Still in the carboy and cloudy as hell. I racked it and it's been about two week since. Still cloudy. Any suggestions?

No the kit does not come with campdon tablets but on the last stage before you bottle it says you can add potassium metabisulphite to prevent oxidation

I think you are supposed to add the extra metabisulphate at bottling time if you want to age longer than 6 mos.

I made this kit over a month ago. Still in the carboy and cloudy as hell. I racked it and it's been about two week since. Still cloudy. Any suggestions?

If its still cloudy then you may not have degassed it enough. These WE kits need lots of degassing. It will eventually clear with bulk aging but not in the timeframe the kit says. I'd degas again. You might want to let us know exactly the stage you are in. Did you add the 3 other packets and Fpak yet?

Yep. Everything was added. I hooked my aspirator up to it and nothing came out. I could try it again and see what happens.

When I degassed mine i could not get any gas out ether but mine was really clear the next day u might just have to give it some time. I also filtered mine before i bottled it.I started this wine in feb and have bottled at the end of march and opened one on Easter and it was already very good cant wait to see how much better it gets!

Latest posts

Back