Wine expert Limited Edition Primitivo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmason..Your correct, with higher end kits less is more however ,you always have the secondary to boost background flavors.
That's the time for transition, deepen the taste profile, adding tannins ect.
Don't forget the secondary a good work place.

Just started this one tonight. Added water to about the 5.5 gal point and added some simple syrup to aim for the high 13% ABV. Added some tannin and only pitched the RC212. Gonna do about a 5 week EM.

Just started this one tonight. Added water to about the 5.5 gal point and added some simple syrup to aim for the high 13% ABV. Added some tannin and only pitched the RC212. Gonna do about a 5 week EM.
Sounds like another decent plan. Make sure you give all these premium kits you're making proper time to age. I would recommend 2 years minimum for reds, 3 is better, 4-5 for bigger reds. The ole fossils (I'm not too far off) on here will make countless excuses as to why they can't age their wine properly, as they might not be around to drink it. First off, life is too short to drink green wine, secondly, most of us have family or friends who would gladly be the benefactors of our wine collection. I can't imagine a single bottle out of my collection going to waste, even if I were to expire tomorrow.

What was the SG after the 5.5 gallon addition? I would have guessed it was at or above the high 13's already at that point!

Hi just ordered 2 Mosti Mondiale kits and bought their grape packs and I intend to do EM , do I need to hold a steady temp during this period via heat pad or let rooms ambient temp do it’s best , it’s 67 degrees at the moment but will probably be colder in 6 weeks towards the end of EM ,

Hi just ordered 2 Mosti Mondiale kits and bought their grape packs and I intend to do EM , do I need to hold a steady temp during this period via heat pad or let rooms ambient temp do it’s best , it’s 67 degrees at the moment but will probably be colder in 6 weeks towards the end of EM ,
The room temp will be fine.

What was the SG after the 5.5 gallon addition? I would have guessed it was at or above the high 13's already at that point!
At the 5.5 mark I added the skins, stirred well, and let sit for about 20min. The SG at that point was 1.098. I added some simple syrup to bump it up to 1.106, which I guess is the low 14's not the high 13's. That is what I call a happy accident! :D

Just ordered this kit from LP. After shipping, it came to $150. Still a bargain @ $5 per bottle. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until sometime in October to start it out in the garage. Two other kits I will make again are the RJS Super Tuscan and the WE Nebbiolo,

Just ordered this kit from LP. After shipping, it came to $150. Still a bargain @ $5 per bottle. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until sometime in October to start it out in the garage. Two other kits I will make again are the RJS Super Tuscan and the WE Nebbiolo,
I did a WE Nebbiola in 2018. Took a bottle of it to our resident wine store and wine bar owner in Marquette. Ask if he would taste it. He had a funny look on his face and said I’ll taste it if you don’t get upset at what I tell you. I told him that’s what I brought it in for. He in corked it poured it swirled it and tasted it..tasted again and had that funny look on his face again. He asked You made this. It’s really good, not to complex but really good..That made my day I still have some bottles but will definitely be making that kit again

I made it earlier this year. Even though it is super young, it is good. It does benefit from leaving the bottle open for an hour or two before drinking it. Seems to smooth out the heavy oak taste

Latest posts

Back