Wine expert double juice bags?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValDi1978

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new here and looking for help. I'm making my first kit from wine expert Its an
Argentina Malbec. Has anyone come across a 2 in 1 bag system that has the reserve sealed within the initial juice bag? I've looked on YouTube and it seems like the reserve bag is usually a completely different bag. Any help is greatly appreciated since I've already added the water to bring it to 23 liters.

I haven't heard/seen that yet, but I'm very curious. Do you have any pictures of the packaging?

I'm not sure if you can see the sealed side from this picture or not..View attachment 52491
Are you sure that's the reserve, and that there wasn't a leak from the main interior to the exterior section of the juice bag? Does this kit even have a reserve bag, many do not, the videos are kind of generically all encompassing (showing fpak, just incase there is one). Maybe you need to call Winexpert?

It seems as if there us another bag contained within the first one. The only way to get to this juice is to puncture this bag. Sorry it's hard to see from the picture. Is there another section of the bag that I dont know about? The airlock is going nits with the juice that I topped off with water. I emailed wine expert and told them what kit I had. I'm still waiting for a response.

That’s just juice that leaked out of the inner bag, discard it and move on. If your kit had a flavoring pack with it, it would be in an entirely different pouch, not trapped between the double walled bag. I wouldn’t expect that you’d have a flavoring pack with Argentenian Malbec, which is normally a dry wine.

Last edited:
I agree, it sounds like there is a leak in the bag. I just wanted to add that you could also contact the store that sold you the kit. I've had leaking kits replaced without much hassle, but they were due to shipping damage and not a manufacturing defect. Every store I've purchased from has had excellent customer service and bent over backward to help me when I've had problems like this.

If you have the time/carboy space, and you already set it up, you could try to make the kit anyway. It's up to your risk tolerance, but you could cut a corner off the bag and add the rest of the juice from in between the two layers. Worst case scenario you dump it later on instead of now, but best case scenario, you make the kit and never taste that there was a packaging defect.

Latest posts

Back