WineXpert Wine Expert California Moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled this kit a couple weeks ago and everyone who has tried it, loves it. It is a very nice wine. I followed the instructions with no tweaks since it was my first kit.

Ok, just finished this kit for the wife the other day and had her taste it, she love it but wanted it a little sweeter. I had about a cup and a half of the f pack left in the fridge and added it to the carboy and as I expected it clouded up. It’s been 2 days and still cloudy should I just let nature take its course and clear or hit with another clarifier?

Just wait. Leave it alone for a week. If you see a separation with clearer wine on top and cloudy wine below, you’re fine. It will clear in time.

Thanks for the reply jgmann67. It’s been a few days now and it’s clearing up and believe I’ll be able to bottle this weekend

Thanks for the reply jgmann67. It’s been a few days now and it’s clearing up and believe I’ll be able to bottle this weekend

Go slow. Never bottle from a carboy with residue at the bottom (always bottle from a clean carboy).

Rack off the fine lees and wait a while. If you can go a month without junk falling out of your wine, sure, go ahead and bottle. Otherwise, Time is your friend... wait.

Also, do a “poof” test for CO2 before bottling.

Just started this kit 4 days ago and added a 15 oz of golden raisins to the primary but forgot to add any pectin enzyme is it to late to add now or can be added at anytime?

Well went ahead and added 3 tsp of pectin enzyme to the moscato and a strawberry white merlot that I also started at the same time which also had some raisins in it....to be continued

not the correct profile in color or taste . to strong and a drab color. in would expect.

I started a batch of this wine kit today, my first ever attempt at wine! Made no adjustments since I am still learning.

I am Bottling a Kit of this Moskato today. Just the one gallon size, and when I tasted a bit of it between carboys it seemed just fine.

Will report back later today after bottling. :)

edit: OKAY! That didn't take long. Cool! This is a very tasty wine, and this my first batch of Wine seems to have turned out very well.
I have tried Raywood Moscato from the central CA coast, and Cupcake Moskato from Italy. This is just as good as those.
(Disclaimer: I don't know much about wines.)

IMG_1134.jpeg

edit2: I bought a Portuguese-style corker (and sanitized it) and a heat gun on the sleeves.
Labels are printed on some old stock meant for 3-1/4 inch floppy discs.

Last edited:
I am Bottling a Kit of this Moskato today. Just the one gallon size, and when I tasted a bit of it between carboys it seemed just fine.

Will report back later today after bottling. :)

edit: OKAY! That didn't take long. Cool! This is a very tasty wine, and this my first batch of Wine seems to have turned out very well.
I have tried Raywood Moscato from the central CA coast, and Cupcake Moskato from Italy. This is just as good as those.
(Disclaimer: I don't know much about wines.)

View attachment 77264

edit2: I bought a Portuguese-style corker (and sanitized it) and a heat gun on the sleeves.
Labels are printed on some old stock meant for 3-1/4 inch floppy discs.
Looks nice. And great use for old floppy disk labels. Perfect!

I made the Pink and White Moscato the past few months, both very tasty kits.

Latest posts

Back