WineXpert Wine Expert California Moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshank

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has tried the WE World Vineyard California Moscato kit, and if so what did you think of it. I was thinking of making this as a gift for my daughter. Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Hey Tom

I've done the kit twice and loved it both times...great sipping wine for the summer!!

It is a sweeter wine but not extreme...you are getting that peach flavor coming through so if you like peaches it's a no-brainer LOL!!!

Muscato queen of the italian whites

wine experts muscato finishes out relatively sweet, I would have boosted the abv on this one to a semi-dry state check it out.....................................

1a Moscato kit.jpg

8 sg reading.jpg

12 Moscato raisins.jpg

Nice and clear Moscato 9 12 13.jpg

IMG_20140317_125521904.jpg

IMG_20140317_121711127.jpg

I agree with Joe. He and I have discussed this one. My wife (who waited years for a good moscato kit to come along) loves it. If you are into tweeking your wines, Tom, definately consider enhancing this kit with golden raisins.

Alright then, if I can make it to Orlando this weekend I'm going to pick up this kit and will add the raisins as suggested, I'm guessing they will add some mouthfeel??? I'm still newish to the wine making scene, but have been a beer brewer for about 10 years. Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions.. By the way Dave, I'm sipping on a glass of DB as I type this!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Alright then, if I can make it to Orlando this weekend I'm going to pick up this kit and will add the raisins as suggested, I'm guessing they will add some mouthfeel??? I'm still newish to the wine making scene, but have been a beer brewer for about 10 years. Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions.. By the way Dave, I'm sipping on a glass of DB as I type this!

Ah, then you are having a good evening. Enjoy!

Yes, the raisins will give the wine more mouthfeeliness (I just now made up that word!), like a grape skin pack to a cab sav. Your daughter will love it!

Alright then, if I can make it to Orlando this weekend I'm going to pick up this kit and will add the raisins as suggested, I'm guessing they will add some mouthfeel???

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

We ship and we are having an Easter sale going on right now. If we can help out let us know!

I am getting ready to start this kit for the second time and the first turned out amazing, The kit worked exactly according to the instructions and it had a taste that my wife loved (hence doing it a second time).

I use a "box" which is 20oz at my store. If you are doing this in secondary (at about SG 1.010), it will finish its ferment on the raisins in about 10 days---depending on temp. Don't forget, you may need a dose of pectin enzyme to prevent haze. Use 3 tsp stirred into six gallons.

This will bring this wine up a level. Promise you'll like it!

nashlake

sounds like a tasty plan to me make sure your sg is at 1.10 or a little above it won't hurt the wine ,depending on how you would like this to finish out..........:db

Hi all, very new to winemaking myself. I have not even opened the box yet and I am wondering if anyone knows what the ABV is? Would adding sugar at the beginning help this? Or should I add the raisens?

blackspanish

box of what type? muscato? should start out at 1.07 to 1.08.....normal,,,:u

Hi all, very new to winemaking myself. I have not even opened the box yet and I am wondering if anyone knows what the ABV is? Would adding sugar at the beginning help this? Or should I add the raisens?

If you are "very new" to wine making, I would follow the directions in the kit. Learn the rules of wine making so you can bend them later. Mistakes with tweaks can ruin your results, and nobody needs their confidence broken early on in this hobby.

Thanks. This will be my fourth batch. But I have only completed a kit wine. I think I might add the raisins though

Making wine in South Texas since March 2014

Looks like you got some things going. I think adding the raisins is well within your skill set. :i

Carry on!

Ok I live in San Antonio. But travel to Laredo few times a month for work purposes.

Latest posts

Back