Wine expert blood orange sangria

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis whalen

Junior
Reaction score
Finished clearing and racked my wine expert blood orange sangria today per directions. Filled a cup and wow it was sweet but amazing. The orange really stands out and i think we will enjoy this kit over the summer. I added 3lbs of sugar in the primary and used the whole Fpack in the secondary. From what im tasting now this will definitely be a repeat in our house.

Finished clearing and racked my wine expert blood orange sangria today per directions. Filled a cup and wow it was sweet but amazing. The orange really stands out and i think we will enjoy this kit over the summer. I added 3lbs of sugar in the primary and used the whole Fpack in the secondary. From what im tasting now this will definitely be a repeat in our house.
Please keep us posted, I'm looking at this kit for my next adventure!

Do you know how to use simple syrup?
These kits come out very sweet not really a wine, but a party wine, on the next kit add 1quart of simple syrup try bring the school level to 1.10 now the fpac isn't as sweet and much better balance.
Just s thought.🤔

For this type of kit I use 4 lbs of sugar made into a simple syrup and I put 1/2 of the F pack into the fermenter.

What was your starting SG ?
I'm doing the white Sangria , haven't started it yet , thinking of how to tweak it so it's not to sweet yet fruit forward.🤔

Thank you Denis, I’ve ordered the kit and hopefully I can start it next week.
It should be a good summer sipper. It’s going to 82* today!

What was your starting SG ?
I'm doing the white Sangria , haven't started it yet , thinking of how to tweak it so it's not to sweet yet fruit forward.🤔
Joe, what starting SG are you shooting for?

At least 10 to 12% ABV the fpace has enough sweetness to add.to the mix

My blood orange turned out great. Got it bottled and going to let it set for several months. Very smooth...............

Has anyone made the RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin' Sangria with Seville Orange?

better off making the sangria kit and adding orange or tangerine zest lots of flavor that way.
this is also a great summer wine.

Attachments

• 2 - Copy.jpg
    2 - Copy.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 4 - Copy.jpg
    4 - Copy.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 8 - Copy.jpg
    8 - Copy.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 10 - Copy.jpg