Quantcast

Wine easy from Blichman

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Doodlewine

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a couple of the wine easys. Does anyone have any experience with this system?

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon system that I've purchased used, with one season on it. I've put 12,000 pounds of grapes through it. I've used a ratchet press as well, so I can at least compare the two. I have never used a bladder press.
Overall impression is that it is a very well engineered system. It works as described. It does give a gentle press; you can get maybe 5-10% more juice out with a ratchet press, but that juice will also be the most tannic. We used it in 900 lbs of Chardonnay this year and I would have liked to get more out of it, but in the end it made some nice wine.
Clean-up is pretty easy and once we learned to vacuum up to the carboys, it eliminated all the lifting that we were doing. I'll see if I or @4Score has a video of it in operation.

I found one. @4Score is a closet movie maker and created this on our 1 ton Grenache run this last season. https://youtu.be/TsDkYHqRibU

Last edited:

Doodlewine

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Norcal. I noticed in the video you used it just for a press. I am looking at doing a much smaller quantity of wine so I am going to be doing my primary in it as well. Just have to decide on the size now. Thanks again for the feedback and video.