Mosti Mondiale Wine Diamonds in my whites

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack on Rainy

Reaction score
I have been surprised by wine diamonds in our MM Masters Edition Vale del Sol(no longer available) started 8/24/08 and in our MM ME Pinot Mondiale w raisins started 2/6/09. We don't have them in our MM AJ Chard started9/8/08. Those three wines are next to each other on the rack so they haveseen similar conditions. One other thing, the pinot doesn't have them on the rack but develops themquickly in the refridg! Any body else see that? Any comments or concerns would be appreciated.
Thanks

Most whites can develop wine diamonds. That is why cold stabilization is often used on whites. There isn't anything wrong with them, just don't pour them in your glass. Refridgerating the Pinot is a good example of what cold stabilization does. If you do it before bottling, you won't likely get it when they are bottled and you stick the leftover in the fridge.

I would not be surprised at all with a Masters kit, actually I would absolutely expect the in one of those.

It is strictly optional. If you find them bothersome or embarassing, then cold stabilization helps reduce them for show. At a wine tasting of 50-60 people last weekend for a pruning workshop we put on at my place, one of the whites of mine had some wine diamonds in it, and it was the most popular wine at that event- and most other tastings also.

Latest posts

Back